Competitive sports teams and clubs at the university are organised through the Students' Union, Sports and Societies Office. Competitive fixtures, either part of the BUSA and LUSL Leagues, are played on a Wednesday afternoons and weekends. New ideas for Clubs are always welcome, however bizarre. If you wish to set up a new club then get together with other like-minded people and make your proposal to the Student Union.
The majority of sports teams play out of Avery Hill and training takes place in and around the Avery Hill Campus. On campus facilities include a sports hall with netball, basketball, cricket nets volleyball and 5 a side football, our outdoor facilities include 6 football pitches, outdoor tennis and netball courts. We are planning to open two new all weather sports pitches on the Avery Hill Campus. These will open during the Autumn semester 2016.
Being a student at Greenwich means you can get discounted entry/membership to local leisure centres. Our proximity to the capital means that you can witness top quality national and international sport, including international athletics at Crystal Palace, football at various London football clubs, rugby union at various London teams as well as internationals at Twickenham, cricket at the Oval or Lords..
- Fully equipped gym including cardio and resistance equipment and a selection of free weights
- Sports hall for basketball, five-a-side football, Futsal, badminton, volleyball and cricket
- Four grass football pitches
- Four tennis courts
- Outside basketball court
- Outside netball court
- Coming soon.....2 floodlit all weather pitches for sports such as football, rugby, ultimate, lacrosse, american football and hockey
- Small but fully equipped gym with a selection of cardio and resistance equipment and free weights
- Large, five court sports hall for basketball, five-a-side football, volleyball and badminton
- Two tennis courts
Throughout the year a number of opportunities arise for Sports Attendants. Please look out for vacancies at Job Shop.
If you are a qualified instructor and are interested in running classes at either Sparrows Farm, Avery Hill or Medway please contact Nicky Woolford.