The Tourism Research Centre is a cross-departmental network of academics, researchers and research students who have a particular interest in any aspect of tourism studies. Through a variety of its activities, and in particular through this webpage, newsletter, seminars and workshop series, the Tourism Research Centre:
- stimulates debate
- inspires new collaborative and individual research, consultancy and knowledge transfer projects, publications and funding bids among its members
- attracts PhD study level applicants and students.
The multi-faceted nature of tourism as an academic field of studies is matched by the Centre's cross-faculty composition and existing members' own varied backgrounds, expertise and research interests. The Tourism Research Centre is situated in a UNESCO World Heritage Site within a vibrant and continuously evolving tourism destination and makes good use of this inspiring location.
Seminar series 1:
- The politics of representation in the post-Yugoslav space: constructing and projecting identities in official tourism promotional materials, by Dr Tijana Rakić, Dr Senija Čaušević and Dr Donna Chambers
- The destiny of the communist heritage of Bulgaria and its integration in the tourism industry, by Dr Katia Iankova and Dr Sonia Mileva
Seminar Series 2
- Travellers in an antique land: Tourism representations in popular (and not so popular) culture (PhD proposal), by Raymond Powell
- 'I could imagine it all': a preliminary exploration of literary fans as tourists, by Dr Nikki MacLeod
Tourism Research Centre members
- Dr Tim Acott, Principal Lecturer in Environmental Geography
- Elizabeth Booth, Senior Lecturer in Tourism Management
- Dr Samantha Chaperon, Principal Lecturer
- Dr Andres Coca-Stefaniak, Senior Lecturer in Events,Tourism and Marketing.
- Dr Adriana Ford, Research Fellow in Environmental Social Sciences
- Dr Katia Iankova, Senior Lecturer in Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Dr Catherine Kelly, Senior Lecturer in Tourism and Heritage Management
- Dr Jithendran Kokkranikal, Senior Lecturer in International Tourism Management
- Dr Ewa Krolikowska-Adamczyk, Senior Lecturer in Marketing, Events and Tourism
- Dr Nicola MacLeod, Principal Lecturer in Tourism
- James Kennell, Director of Economic Development Resource Centre