The Nursing & Applied Social Research Group, led by Professor Elizabeth West, has responsibility for determining the overall strategic direction of research within the Faculty of Education & Health.
The following sections provide an overview of recent and current work undertaken by the Nursing & Applied Social Research Group, organised into our five major work streams:
1. Quality improvement in nursing, focused on the patient’s experience.
2. Health policy and professional practice.
3. Promoting the health and well-being of older people (‘positive ageing’).
4. The health and well-being of people in vulnerable groups.
5. Sexual and reproductive health.
Researchers are encouraged to collaborate with staff in other faculties wherever possible, in addition to seeking external collaborators. Further details about our projects and research staff may be found by following the links provided.