Jackie Yaskey Dip, BA Hons, PGCHE, MA
Dip, BA Hons, PGCHE, MA
Senior Lecturer, Social Work
Department of Psychology, Social Work & Counselling
Faculty of Education & Health
Jackie Yaskey is a Senior Lecturer for Social Work in the Department of Psychology, Social Work & Counselling at the University of Greenwich.
Jackie is a qualified child protection and fostering social worker with more than ten years' experience in both local authority and independent fostering agencies. She has also acted as coordinator for a respite care scheme for children with disabilities for a local authority, and has chaired fostering panels and delivered training to foster carers.
Jackie holds a Practice Teacher award and moved into social work education in 2001 as Placement Coordinator for the Diploma in Social Work at Bromley College. She has also been associate lecturer and programme tutor with the Open University on their undergraduate social work programme whilst lecturer at the University of Greenwich.
Jackie joined the university in 2007 as senior lecturer and also led on successful development of the MA/PGDip in Social Work, which commenced in 2011.
Her primary lecturing areas for both undergraduate and postgraduate programmes include: social work skills, values, ethics and diversity. She also supervises undergraduate and postgraduate research projects and is also a Practice Support Tutor to students undertaking practice placements in a range of settings including statutory and independent sectors.
Posts held previously:
- 2006-07, Lecturer in Social Work (p/t), Bromley College of Further & Higher Education
- 2006-12, Associate Lecturer and Programme Tutor, The Open University
- 2005-06, Assessing Social Worker, Safe Haven Fostering and Leaving Care Services
- 2003-05, Supervising Social Worker, The Adolescent and Children's Trust
- 2001-03, Practice Placement Coordinator, Bromley College of Further and Higher Education
- 1998–2001, Social Work Coordinator, Family Link respite care scheme, Westminster City Council Family Placements Team
- Senior Lecturer, Social Work, Department of Psychology, Social Work & Counselling
- Lecturer on undergraduate and postgraduate programmes
- Course coordinator for Assessment, Planning, Intervention, Review & Evaluation for Social Work on the BA Hons Social Work programme
- Supervises BA Hons/MA degree research projects
- Practice Support Tutor
- Editorial reviewer: Writing for Scholars: A Practical Guide to Making Sense and Being Heard by Lynn Nygaard, Sage Publication
- Registered Social Worker with the Health and Care Professions Council
Jackie's research interests focus on child protection and 'looked-after' children.