Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at the University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich values Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) and takes active steps to provide an inclusive environment for students, staff and visitors irrespective of their age, disability, gender re-assignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief (non-belief) and sexual orientation as outlined in the Public Sector Equality Duty of the Equality Act 2010.
We believe that having a clear Equality and Diversity Policy Statement for staff and students reinforces our expectations of the values and behaviours that all members of the University community should exhibit. The policy outlines that the University will take steps to encourage staff, students and visitors to the University to:
- Treat others with respect at all times, and promote an environment free of all kinds of bullying and harassment.
- Actively discourage discriminatory behaviours or practices.
- Participate in training and learning opportunities that would enable them to adopt best practice.
The Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy 2015-2017 is a declaration of the University of Greenwich's commitment to place the promotion of equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of the University.
University of Greenwich's agreed Equality Objectives are:
- Equality Objective 1. Improve systems to monitor and report data related to the nine protected groups as defined under the Equality Act 2010 amongst staff and students
- Equality Objective 2. Promote the University's values and behaviours of equality, diversity and inclusion by sharing best practice, awareness and learning
- Equality Objective 3.Support the University's mission to be positioned in the top 50 Universities in the country by our commitment towards Equality and Diversity accreditation
- Strategy, Policy, Reports and Guidance
- Training Resources
- Accreditations and Charters
- Networks and Groups
For further information contact Simone Murch the Senior Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org