New Employee Welcome and Introduction (NEWI)
Welcome and congratulations on your appointment at the University of Greenwich.
Our New Employee Welcome and Introduction (NEWI) event is an essential process for all new staff members and has been designed to impact positively on your first days and weeks with the University.
NEWI is the University's core induction programme and complements local induction arrangements by your Faculty/Directorate.
Our aim is to ensure you are:
- welcomed and effectively integrated to the University, your area and colleagues;
- able to develop an understanding of your role and the environment, culture, and the aims and objectives of the team in which you will be working as well as the strategic objectives and the Values and Behaviours of the University;
- equipped with the knowledge and skills essential to perform your duties and provided with the necessary training to do so;
- able to continue your personal development during your career with the University;
- provided with essential training, which meets legal obligations, such as Health & Safety, Records Management and Data Protection, Equality and Diversity.
The corporate induction programme requires you to attend the NEWI event, where you will be able to learn about the University and its strategic objectives, meet key personnel providing you with the legal essentials and be able to network with other new staff.
Your manager will be working with you to ensure you have what you need using the Induction Checklist which provides a guide to the information and activities that need to be covered within the first six weeks of your employment.
In addition the Information for New Staff webpage will provide you with the information about the University, its facilities and services to aid your transition into your new role.
We would like to wish you every success as a new member of the University and hope you find the support you require by following the links above. Please also visit the Learning and Development Courses webpage, when considering your future training and development needs or contact us: LND@gre.ac.uk
NEWI Event Dates
- Friday 17 November 2017 – Greenwich – Queen Ann 063
- Wednesday 14 March 2018 – Medway – Pilkington 011
- Wednesday 20 June 2018 – Avery Hill – Mansion 002