Study Skills operates across all three campuses, our role is to support you with the demands of academic study and provide you with the skills you will need for independent learning and to maximise your full potential.
Many students find the transition to university difficult for a wide variety of reasons but the most common problems include:
- Not understanding the purpose of the assignment;
- Locating appropriate academic sources;
- Coping with the volume of reading;
- How to paraphrase and use Harvard referencing;
- Critical thinking and analysis.
- Writing difficulties such as structuring assignments;
- The correct use of grammar and punctuation;
- Writing in an objective and conventional academic style.
What we offer in Study Skills is a friendly and approachable service where students can be assisted in overcoming particular problems relating to the demands of academic study. In the last academic year, 948 students attended our workshops and 898 students attended our one-to-one tutorial sessions.
020 8331 9894/7866 (Maritime Greenwich)
020 8331 8911 (Avery Hill & Medway)