Entry requirements may change during Clearing.
3 years full time
6 years part time
4 years sandwich programme
Mathematics, one of the most fascinating and intellectually challenging subjects, constantly develops the ways in which we live and think, as it plays a key role in most of today's scientific and technological advancements. Students on this programme not only develop a sound knowledge of mathematics and its application to real-life situations but also build up their ability to analyse and solve problems.
The degree presents students with an opportunity to acquire skills, such as logical analysis, deduction, mathematical modelling and calculation, which are valued by most employers. In addition, this programme combines mathematics with business as a minor component. Students on this programme will have one quarter of their studies in the minor subject area of business throughout their degree.
Our mathematics degrees are ranked:
- 1st in London for student satisfaction by the Complete University Guide 2017
- Within UK's top 5 for student satisfaction by the Complete University Guide 2017.
The aims of the programme are:
- To provide students with a comprehensive understanding of mathematical methods and techniques, and the ability to apply them to real-life problems
- To develop students' problem-solving and analytical skills and to provide experience of practical applications of mathematics including mathematical modelling in various contexts
- To provide training in the use of mathematical software, and an understanding of the application of mathematics in business related problems.
What you'll study
Students are assessed through examinations, coursework and a project.
Most industries are constantly on the lookout for graduates with intellectual, mathematical and numerical skills that can be applied to a wide range of practical situations. There is also a national shortage of mathematics teachers, and graduates from this programme will be highly valued as trainee teachers, as well as in other careers in education.
Fees and finance
Your time at university should be enjoyable and rewarding, and it is important that it is not spoilt by unnecessary financial worries. We recommend that you spend time planning your finances, both before coming to university and while you are here. We can offer advice on living costs and budgeting, as well as on awards, allowances and loans.
Find out more about our fees and the support available to you at our:
The university's largest campus is centred on three baroque buildings designed by Sir Christopher Wren at the end of the 17th century.
DLR Cutty Sark (approx. 3 min walk)
Greenwich and Maze Hill (approx. 8 walk)
Greenwich Pier - Ferry service (3 min walk)
TFL buses frequently run close by.
Public 'Pay and display' car parks nearby.
Campus bus service every half hour between campuses.
More about studying here, including support, lifestyle and general information about how our courses work
Study with us