Want to start your degree in September?
Register now for Fast Track Clearing for guaranteed accommodation and application support.
3 years full time
6 years part time
4 years sandwich programme
This programme focuses on the analytical aspects of business that can be used to improve business performance, with particular emphasis on aspects of finance. It will teach you how to develop and manage businesses, taking into account emerging business issues, such as sustainability, financial crisis and technological innovation, as well as focusing on quantitative analysis and systems, and the principles, practice and regulation of the banking sector.
As part of your studies you will have the opportunity to work with business professionals and/or local communities on live projects in order to gain valuable practical experience. You will also have the option to undertake a work placement in your third year.
Once registered on the programme, you may apply to become an affiliate member of the Chartered Management Institute. Successful graduates can seek exemptions to associate and fellow membership.
We are proud to say that our accounting and finance subjects are ranked:
- Third in London for course satisfaction by the Guardian University Guide 2016
- Third in London for student satisfaction by the Complete University Guide 2017.
The aims of the programme are:
- To develop your knowledge of the broad areas of business and management with particular emphasis on the finance discipline
- To allow you to develop a command of subject-specific skills including application of knowledge and proficiency in intellectual skills
- To equip you to deal with uncertainty and complexity, to explore alternative solutions and to integrate theory and practice in a range of situations.
What you'll study
Please note: Entry requirements may change during Clearing.
Applicants should have:
280 UCAS points
FROM at least two A-levels or equivalent qualification
PLUS GCSEs at grade C or above in English and mathematics or equivalent qualifications.
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language require IELTS 6 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each skill) or equivalent in a Secure English Language Test. Alternatively, students with an overall IELTS of 5 or 5.5 can study our Pre-Sessional English language programme prior to degree studies
- Applications from mature students are welcome.
For more information, UK and EU applicants can contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 8331 9000.
International applicants can contact email@example.com or +44 (0)20 8331 8136.
Students are assessed through assignments, examinations and in-course assessments, including:
- Problem solving activities
- Computer-simulated exercises.
Students may apply to become affiliate members of Chartered Management Institute (CMI) once registered on the programme, and can seek exemptions to the associate and fellow.
Students who complete the sandwich year (work placement) may gain an additional qualification, the Diploma of Professional Experience (DPE).
Career opportunities are available with a specialist financial focus in general management within retail, consultancy, small to medium enterprises and business start-up.
The Business School has a dedicated Employability Office to assist students in securing a placement during their sandwich year. Working with over 200 companies they also offer a range of internships, mentoring schemes and networking opportunities. Find out more about our careers and employability support.
Fees and finance
Your time at university should be enjoyable and rewarding, and it is important that it is not spoilt by unnecessary financial worries. We recommend that you spend time planning your finances, both before coming to university and while you are here. We can offer advice on living costs and budgeting, as well as on awards, allowances and loans.
Find out more about our fees and the support available to you at our:
The university's largest campus is centred on three baroque buildings designed by Sir Christopher Wren at the end of the 17th century.
DLR Cutty Sark (approx. 3 min walk)
Greenwich and Maze Hill (approx. 8 walk)
Greenwich Pier - Ferry service (3 min walk)
TFL buses frequently run close by.
Public 'Pay and display' car parks nearby.
Campus bus service every half hour between campuses.
Come and get a feel for what learning and life is like with us.
Next Open Day
Apply now and begin your journey.
More about studying here, including support, lifestyle and general information about how our courses work
Study with us