- Do you have an analytical mind? Want to be a finance and investment analyst? Want to master another language?
- According to The Economist, we are 1 of 3 universities leading the way in keeping economics degrees relevant.
- Study a degree ranked 1st in London for student satisfaction (Complete University Guide 2017).
N3R9 G BA/EcoLan
View full entry requirements
3 years full time
6 years part time
4 years sandwich programme
This innovative economics degree has been designed to take a broader approach to economics and to enable students to confidently apply economic theory to the world.
According to the Economist, we are one of only three UK universities taking a broader approach to economics. We are leading the way in which the subject is taught, and are considered a leading model by many universities.
This degre is designed for students who wish to
gain both a knowledge of economics and fluency in
French, Spanish or Italian.
It will give you an understanding of the mathematical and statistical methods needed for economic and business analysis and train you to access and analyse economic data. You will also explore the interaction of economic systems from an international perspective.
The degree covers a range of other subjects, including economics for business, economic history, quantitative methods for economists, and professional practice in international business and economics. You will also gain proficiency in your chosen language and undertake a project. You will have the option to undertake a work placement in your third year.
You will have the option to undertake a work placement in your third year, providing insight and practical skills which employers seek in graduates. Previous university students have secured placements at IPAG (Business School, Paris), Computacenter (IT Infrastructure) and Glow Digital Media Limited.
You can also participate in the Erasmus+ international exchange programme. This will help improve your language skills and give you experience of living and working in another country. The Erasmus+ Scheme provides a grant towards the cost of studying abroad for a year.
Our Greenwich Employability Passport scheme recognises and rewards your participation in additional activities such as part-time work, volunteering, student societies or industry guest lectures.
We will encourage you to join societies such as Trading and Investment and take part in student competitions like the UK Trading Challenge. We are proud that our team of first year Greenwich students won the competition, beating teams from many other universities.
The Economics and Business Society provides an additional forum for students to meet and discuss current trends with faculty and guest speakers.
Our economics programmes were ranked:
- First in London for student satisfaction in both the Guardian University Guide 2016 and the Complete University Guide 2017
- Top 10 in the UK for student satisfaction by the Complete University Guide 2017.
The aims of this degree are:
- To provide a foundation knowledge about the workings of the economy, and the interaction of economic systems at the global level
- To provide knowledge of the mathematical and statistical methods needed for economic and business analysis and to train students in accessing and analysing economic data
- To enable students to acquire language fluency.
What you'll study
Please note: Entry requirements may change during Clearing.
Applicants should have:
300 UCAS points
FROM at least two A-levels or equivalent
PLUS by whichever route, GCSEs at grade C or above in English and mathematics or Application of Numbers Key Skill level 2 and Communication (English)
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language require IELTS of 6 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each skill) or equivalent in a Secure English Language Test. Alternatively, students with an overall IELTS of 5 or 5.5 can study our pre-sessional English language programme prior to degree studies
- Direct entry to Year 2 or 3 is available for qualified applicants from a recognised university or higher education institute.
For more information, UK and EU applicants can contact email@example.com or 020 8331 9000.
International applicants can contact firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)20 8331 8136.
Students are assessed through:
- Take-home tests
- Portfolio assignments
- Oral presentation
Students who complete the sandwich year (work placement) may gain an additional qualification, the Diploma of Professional Experience (DPE).
Our degree will prepare you to apply to many entry-level jobs in banking, finance, insurance, stock markets, sales and marketing, as well as in corporations such as consulting firms or government departments.
Employment opportunities for economists, graduates management consultants, investment advisers, finance and investment analysts, financial administrators, investment bankers, merchant bankers, tax consultants, bank managers, and employment agency consultants.
The Business School has a dedicated Employability Office to assist students in securing a placement during their sandwich year. Working with over 200 companies they also offer a range of internships, mentoring schemes and networking opportunities.
Find out more about our careers and employability support.
Fees and finance
Your time at university should be enjoyable and rewarding, and it is important that it is not spoilt by unnecessary financial worries. We recommend that you spend time planning your finances, both before coming to university and while you are here. We can offer advice on living costs and budgeting, as well as on awards, allowances and loans.
Find out more about our fees and the support available to you at our:
The university's largest campus is centred on three baroque buildings designed by Sir Christopher Wren at the end of the 17th century.
DLR Cutty Sark (approx. 3 min walk)
Greenwich and Maze Hill (approx. 8 walk)
Greenwich Pier - Ferry service (3 min walk)
TFL buses frequently run close by.
Public 'Pay and display' car parks nearby.
Campus bus service every half hour between campuses.
Come and get a feel for what learning and life is like with us.
Next Open Day
Apply now and begin your journey.
More about studying here, including support, lifestyle and general information about how our courses work
Study with us