4 years full time
5 years sandwich programme
Many large companies begin life as the brainchild of a single person with a great idea. An engineer or inventor will conceive a unique product and have the business skills to nurture the idea from concept to business. Recognising a niche in the market, they will use their design and engineering skills to realise a product. They will build the product, market and sell it, whilst creating a profit. This is a tried and tested route to success. The pioneering Design, Innovation and Entrepreneurship degree programme at the University of Greenwich offers you the opportunity to learn all of these important skills.
Management at Medway Campus
Our Faculty of Engineering and Science offers a range of business and management degrees like this one to set you on the road to leadership.
The aims of the programme are:
- To provide you with the knowledge and skills relevant to a career as a professional engineer who can work effectively with current and future engineering product design, development and production/implementation methods
- To support you in understanding the innovative and pioneering approaches in this field and to be able to apply them to the solution of real-world problems to develop new products and technologies in a financially sustainable way
- To help you acquire the knowledge and skills required to perform a variety of professional roles within engineering, design and business, including management roles.
What you'll study
Applicants from a UK educational background:
You should have 136 UCAS points which should come from A-levels. 32 points should come from mathematics, a physical science or a numerate subject at A2 level. You will also need GCSEs at grade C or above in English language, mathematics and a science.
We will also accept:
- AS-levels along with A2-levels
- Alternative qualifications including BTEC and National Diploma. National Diploma applicants that have also successfully completed the additional, core mathematics modules and the extended project (Technical Baccalaureate) are specifically encouraged to apply
- Appropriate qualifications such as an HNC, HND or foundation degree, with which you may be able to enter this degree in Year 2 or later.
General studies and Level 3 Key Skills are not accepted for this degree.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 8331 9000.
Applicants from a non-UK educational background:
Applicants must have successfully completed 12 years of full time education, and demonstrated competence in mathematics (usually equivalent to GCSE grade C).
If you were educated in a language other than English and/or in a country where English speakers are in a minority, you should have a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each skill) or equivalent. If you require a Tier 4 (General) student visa to study in the UK, your score must be from a UK Visas and Immigration approved IELTS test.
For more information, contact email@example.com or +44 (0)20 8331 8136.
We welcome applications from mature students.
Assessment methods include:
- Project-based tasks
- Laboratory experiments
- Formative and summative assignments
- Formal examinations.
Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) accreditation is strongly anticipated.
These programmes are designed to provide the knowledge and skills needed to work as a professional engineer. You can choose to start up your own business or pursue a career in the technology, engineering or computing industries, particularly in the field of emerging technologies.
Fees and finance
Your time at university should be enjoyable and rewarding, and it is important that it is not spoilt by unnecessary financial worries. We recommend that you spend time planning your finances, both before coming to university and while you are here. We can offer advice on living costs and budgeting, as well as on awards, allowances and loans.
Find out more about our fees and the support available to you at our:
Come and get a feel for what learning and life is like with us.
Next Open Day
Apply now and begin your journey.
A recently modernised, splendid Edwardian redbrick and ivy-clad campus based at Chatham Maritime, Kent.
Chatham Station (approx. 5 min by bus)
Gillingham Station (approx. 20 min walk / 10 min by bus)
Free parking is available for motorbikes and scooters. Public car parks nearby.
From Gatwick Airport take the National Express 270 coach service.
Campus bus service between campuses.
More about studying here, including support, lifestyle and general information about how our courses work
Study with us