View full entry requirements
4 years full time
Medway School of Pharmacy is a unique partnership between the University of Kent and University of Greenwich. The School has achieved full accreditation by the General Pharmaceutical Council (the professional and academic regulator) and is recognised as an established School of Pharmacy. The School's mission is to produce, through innovative teaching and research delivered in a supportive and caring environment, high-quality professional graduates committed to lifelong learning.
The new MPharm curriculum is an outcomes-focused curriculum designed to prepare students for their future professional practice. Teaching is integrated covering basic and applied science, clinical and professional practice, all in the context of patient care. Core themes of biological sciences, chemistry and drug delivery, and professional practice are taught within integrated modules based around body systems including: brain and psychiatry; heart and circulatory system; and the endocrine system. Using the body systems we break down barriers between the themes supporting you to learn more effectively. This will be supported by an increasing focus on practice-related learning, as evidenced by placements and in-house simulation-based learning, as well as additional practice experience provided in-house.
Graduates are required to undertake a pre-registration year in practice and take and pass a pre-registration exam before they can register as pharmacists in Great Britain.
Students studying this programme will be subject to the code of conduct for pharmacy students, and associated fitness to practice procedures as required by the professional regulatory body.
For more information go to http://www.msp.ac.uk/studying/index.html
For information about our students go to http://www.msp.ac.uk/student-life/student-profiles/current/index.html
What you'll study
Please note: Entry requirements may change during Clearing.
Applicants should have:
320 UCAS points from A-levels at ABB or above, including two science-based subjects, one of which must be chemistry
PLUS GCSE English language and mathematics, both at grade B or above
OR BTEC National Diploma in Applied Science, with DDD overall, plus AS level chemistry at grade B or above.
OR an International Baccalaureate with overall score of 32 points (15 at higher level), to include more than 5 in both chemistry and one other science-based subject
OR equivalent qualifications
* Overseas applicants are assessed on an individual basis based on the NARIC equivalent, and must have an appropriate English language qualification and equivalent sciences background.
Assessment includes written examinations at the end of each year. All courses also have continuous assessment that contributes the remainder of the overall course mark. Continuous assessments include practical dispensing examinations, objective structured clinical examinations, presentations (individual and group), written reports, assessment of laboratory notebooks, case studies, essays and multiple choice questions. Final honours classification is calculated from: 20% of Stage 2 overall grade, 30% of Stage 3 overall grade and 50% of stage 4 overall grade.
The programme has been fully accredited by the General Pharmaceutical Council.
Career options include work as a pharmacist in hospital, community and primary care settings, industry and academia.
Fees and finance
Your time at university should be enjoyable and rewarding, and it is important that it is not spoilt by unnecessary financial worries. We recommend that you spend time planning your finances, both before coming to university and while you are here. We can offer advice on living costs and budgeting, as well as on awards, allowances and loans.
Find out more about our fees and the support available to you at our:
A recently modernised, splendid Edwardian redbrick and ivy-clad campus based at Chatham Maritime, Kent.
Chatham Station (approx. 5 min by bus)
Gillingham Station (approx. 20 min walk / 10 min by bus)
Free parking is available for motorbikes and scooters. Public car parks nearby.
From Gatwick Airport take the National Express 270 coach service.
Campus bus service between campuses.
Come and get a feel for what learning and life is like with us.
Next Open Day
Apply now and begin your journey.
More about studying here, including support, lifestyle and general information about how our courses work
Study with us