- Our programme is accredited by the Royal Society of Chemistry.
- Our world-class research means we can deliver high quality teaching in the classroom.
- The Medway campus in Chatham Maritime, Kent, is only one hour from central London.
F105 M (Extended)
Our extended degree is a 4-year programme. In the first year we teach you the baseline academic skills to excel in your degree.
Find out more
3 years full time
5 years part time
4 years sandwich programme
Chemistry is a central science, and a qualification in this subject will offer a variety of employment opportunities. The objective of this programme is to provide a broad-based education in all four branches of chemistry. A major emphasis throughout the programme is the development of students' problem solving and transferable skills.
The aims of the programme are:
- To provide students with a broad knowledge of chemistry and associated practical skills in order for them to become competent to practice in a range of professional environments or to progress to higher degrees in chemistry
- To develop the ability to apply chemistry skills and knowledge to the solution of theoretical and practical problems in chemistry
- To develop transferable skills which will be of value both during the programme and in later employment.
What you'll study
Applicants from a UK educational background:
112 UCAS points from A-levels, including chemistry at grade C or above. No more than 24 points should come from AS-levels with preference for science. You will also need GCSEs at grade C or above in English language, mathematics and a science. You will be required to attend an interview.
We will also accept:
- Alternative qualifications including BTEC and National Diploma
- Appropriate qualifications such as an HNC, HND or foundation degree can be considered for entry into this degree in Year 2 or later.
General science is not accepted for this degree.
For more information, contact email@example.com or 020 8331 9000.
Applicants from a non-UK educational background:
Applicants must have successfully completed 12 years of full time education, and demonstrated competence in mathematics (usually equivalent to GCSE grade C). You will be required to attend an interview.
If you were educated in a language other than English and/or in a country where English speakers are in a minority, you should have a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each skill) or equivalent. If you require a Tier 4 (General) student visa to study in the UK, your score must be from a UK Visas and Immigration approved IELTS test.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)20 8331 8136.
We welcome applications from mature students.
Students are assessed through examinations and coursework, including practical project work.
Accredited by the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC). This allows graduates to apply for associate membership.
Chemistry is a central science, and a qualification in this subject will offer a wide variety of career opportunities in research and development, teaching, the chemical and pharmaceutical industries (production development, analytical science, quality assurance and information science), forensic science, environmental pollution, and health and safety.
Fees and finance
Your time at university should be enjoyable and rewarding, and it is important that it is not spoilt by unnecessary financial worries. We recommend that you spend time planning your finances, both before coming to university and while you are here. We can offer advice on living costs and budgeting, as well as on awards, allowances and loans.
Find out more about our fees and the support available to you at our:
Come and get a feel for what learning and life is like with us.
Next Open Day
Apply now and begin your journey.
A recently modernised, splendid Edwardian redbrick and ivy-clad campus based at Chatham Maritime, Kent.
Chatham Station (approx. 5 min by bus)
Gillingham Station (approx. 20 min walk / 10 min by bus)
Free parking is available for motorbikes and scooters. Public car parks nearby.
From Gatwick Airport take the National Express 270 coach service.
Campus bus service between campuses.
More about studying here, including support, lifestyle and general information about how our courses work
Study with us