Want to start your degree in September?
Register now for Fast Track Clearing for guaranteed accommodation and application support.
3 years full time
6 years part time
4 years sandwich programme
Industrial engineering is still as ubiquitous today as it ever has been. Every product that you can buy has been manufactured at some point and an industrial engineer has played a major role in its realisation. From the bread in the supermarket to supersonic jets, industrial engineers ensure that all the necessary processes and components are in place for a product to be able to be made on time and on budget.
On this programme, you will learn about operational analysis, process engineering, design, and manufacturing techniques and practices, with a particular focus on high-value manufacturing. You will also use our 3000m² of specialist and integrated engineering laboratories that encompass many subject disciplines to learn how businesses operate and function and understand how industrial processes need to meet financial and business challenges as much as engineering ones.
Nearly 50% of the top 250 Financial Times Stock Exchange (FTSE) companies have a CEO who studied for an engineering degree. The skills you will learn in this degree course set you on the road to leadership.
This degree programme is three years long in full-time mode. It is strongly anticipated that this programme will be accredited as:
- Fully satisfying the educational base for an Incorporated Engineer (IEng)
- Partially satisfying the educational base for a Chartered Engineer (CEng).
A programme of accredited Further Learning will be required to complete the educational base for CEng. Please see the MEng programmes if you are looking for CEng status without further academic study.
The aims of the programme are:
- To provide you with the knowledge and skills relevant to a career with current and future industry design and manufacturing technologies, methods and standards
- To support you in understanding the innovative and pioneering approaches in this field and apply them to the solution of real-world problems to develop new industrially-relevant solutions
- To help you acquire the knowledge and skills required to perform a variety of professional roles within engineering, industry, management, and associated specialist fields.
What you'll study
Please note: Entry requirements may change during Clearing.
Applicants from a UK educational background:
300 UCAS points from 2 or 3 A-levels with an additional AS-level (of which 80 points from A2 mathematics or a physical science / numerate subject) OR BTEC/EdExcel ED at DMM (280) including Distinction in: Mathematics for Engineering Technicians (Unit 4) and Further Mathematics for Engineering Technicians (Unit 28). You will also need GCSEs at grade C or above in English language, mathematics and a science.
We will also accept:
- AS-levels along with A2-levels
- Alternative qualifications including BTEC and National Diploma. National Diploma applicants that have also successfully completed the additional, core mathematics modules and the extended project (Technical Baccalaureate) are specifically encouraged to apply
- Appropriate qualifications such as an HNC, HND or foundation degree, with which you may be able to enter this degree in Year 2 or later.
General studies and Level 3 Key Skills are not accepted for this degree.
For more information, contact email@example.com or 020 8331 9000
Applicants from a non-UK educational background:
Applicants must have successfully completed 12 years of full time education, and demonstrated competence in mathematics (usually equivalent to GCSE grade C).
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)20 8331 8136
If you were educated in a language other than English and/or in a country where English speakers are in a minority, you should have a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each skill) or equivalent. If you require a Tier 4 (General) student visa to study in the UK, your score must be from a UK Visas and Immigration approved IELTS test.
We welcome applications from mature students.
Forms of assessment include:
- Project-based tasks
- Laboratory experiments
- Formative and summative assignments
- Formal examinations.
Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) accreditation is strongly anticipated.
Your programme will prepare you for technology, engineering and management-based careers, particularly in high-value manufacturing. You can also start your own company or go on to further postgraduate study.
Fees and finance
Your time at university should be enjoyable and rewarding, and it is important that it is not spoilt by unnecessary financial worries. We recommend that you spend time planning your finances, both before coming to university and while you are here. We can offer advice on living costs and budgeting, as well as on awards, allowances and loans.
Find out more about our fees and the support available to you at our:
A recently modernised, splendid Edwardian redbrick and ivy-clad campus based at Chatham Maritime, Kent.
Chatham Station (approx. 5 min by bus)
Gillingham Station (approx. 20 min walk / 10 min by bus)
Free parking is available for motorbikes and scooters. Public car parks nearby.
From Gatwick Airport take the National Express 270 coach service.
Campus bus service between campuses.
Come and get a feel for what learning and life is like with us.
Next Open Day
Apply now and begin your journey.
More about studying here, including support, lifestyle and general information about how our courses work
Study with us