Want to start your degree in September?
Register now for Fast Track Clearing for guaranteed accommodation and application support.
3 years full time
6 years part time
4 years sandwich programme
CEOs of large, successful companies and self-made millionaires are more likely to have studied on an engineering degree programme than any other subject area. The technical knowledge, analytical and mathematical skills, and creative problem-solving attitude gained from an engineering degree are well suited to strategic and enterprise-level roles in industry.
Most science and technology undergraduate degree programmes typically do not reflect the growing multidisciplinary characteristics of the modern business enterprise. However, our degree programme in Engineering Management is designed explicitly to provide a solid technical background combined with an understanding of modern business and management practices. This degree programme offers a broad-based approach, introducing the major engineering disciplines to provide a solid background in the principles and processes used to solve complex problems.
Engineering skills you will acquire, such as optimisation and simulation, are directly transferable to enterprise management. Approaches to systems-wide engineering solutions are also highly relevant to many large-scale industrial challenges as both involve the need to identify, understand and design for large, interconnected networks of stakeholders. Our degree programme in Engineering Management also enables you to acquire management skills, both personal and interpersonal, together with knowledge of modern management techniques and business applications.
This degree programme is three years long in full-time mode. It is a new programme, but it is strongly anticipated that it will be accredited as fully satisfying the educational base for an Incorporated Engineer (IEng). Please see MEng programmes if you are looking for CEng status without further academic study.
The aims of the programme are:
- To provide you with the knowledge and skills relevant to a career as a professional engineering manager who can work effectively with current and future industrial technologies, methods and standards
- To support you in understanding the innovative and pioneering approaches in this field and to be able to apply them to the solution of real-world problems to develop new industrially-relevant solutions
- To help you acquire the knowledge and skills required to perform a variety of professional roles within engineering management, industry, and associated specialist fields.
What you'll study
Please note: Entry requirements may change during Clearing.
Applicants from a UK educational background:
300 UCAS points from 2 or 3 A-levels with an additional AS-level (of which 80 points from A2 mathematics or a physical science/numerate subject). You will also need GCSEs at grade C or above in English language, mathematics and a science.
We will also accept:
- AS-levels along with A2-levels
- Alternative qualifications including BTEC and National Diploma. National Diploma applicants that have also successfully completed the additional, core mathematics modules and the extended project (Technical Baccalaureate) are specifically encouraged to apply
- BTEC/EdExcel ED at DMM (280) including Distinction in: Mathematics for Engineering Technicians (Unit 4) and Further Mathematics for Engineering Technicians (Unit 28)
- Appropriate qualifications such as an HNC, HND or foundation degree, with which you may be able to enter this degree in Year 2 or later.
General studies and Level 3 Key Skills are not accepted for this degree.
For more information, contact email@example.com or 020 8331 9000.
Applicants from a non-UK educational background:
Applicants must have successfully completed 12 years of full time education, and demonstrated competence in mathematics (usually equivalent to GCSE grade C).
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)20 8331 8136.
If you were educated in a language other than English and/or in a country where English speakers are in a minority, you should have a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each skill) or equivalent. If you require a Tier 4 (General) student visa to study in the UK, your score must be from a UK Visas and Immigration approved IELTS test.
We welcome applications from mature students.
Students are assessed through:
- Project-based tasks
- Laboratory experiments
- Formative and summative assignments
- Formal examinations.
These programmes are designed to provide the knowledge and skills required to perform a variety of professional roles within engineering management, particularly in high-value manufacturing. You can also start your own business or pursue postgraduate study.
Fees and finance
Your time at university should be enjoyable and rewarding, and it is important that it is not spoilt by unnecessary financial worries. We recommend that you spend time planning your finances, both before coming to university and while you are here. We can offer advice on living costs and budgeting, as well as on awards, allowances and loans.
Find out more about our fees and the support available to you at our:
A recently modernised, splendid Edwardian redbrick and ivy-clad campus based at Chatham Maritime, Kent.
Chatham Station (approx. 5 min by bus)
Gillingham Station (approx. 20 min walk / 10 min by bus)
Free parking is available for motorbikes and scooters. Public car parks nearby.
From Gatwick Airport take the National Express 270 coach service.
Campus bus service between campuses.
Come and get a feel for what learning and life is like with us.
Next Open Day
Apply now and begin your journey.
More about studying here, including support, lifestyle and general information about how our courses work
Study with us