Data Protection Act requests About the university

If you want to make a formal request for information held about you by the University of Greenwich, please refer below as to how to do this.

How to make a request

To make a formal Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act 1998, your request should be made in writing, and there is a form available for use. This completed form or request should be sent to the Data Protection Officer at the address below, along with the appropriate fee, which will normally be £10. You should provide your name and contact details, and a clear explanation of the information required, along with proof of identity such as a copy of your passport or driving licence, and the fee.

Send the request to us at the following postal or e-mail address:

Data Protection Officer
University of Greenwich
Old Royal Naval College
Queen Anne Court
Park Row, Greenwich
London SE10 9LS


Requests will normally be responded to within 40 calendar days of receipt of the request and of the fee. Solicitors acting on your behalf will be charged the same fee. Some data may be subject to exemptions.


The Information Commissioner's Office oversees the legislation, and complaints can be made there.