The University of Greenwich welcomes Colombian students on its programmes. View the entry requirements and contact us for further information.


University overview

With three stunning campuses the University of Greenwich is home to a thriving community of nearly 29,000 students of all ages. Students from over 140 countries choose to study with us at one of the grandest university settings in the world.

Our Greenwich Campus in London is on a UNESCO World Heritage Site on the banks of the Thames. On this breathtaking campus our Faculty of Architecture, Computing & Humanities and Business School are located. The site's London location benefits from close proximity to the financial district and all of London's creative industries from film and the media to technology and museums. The legal district of London is of particular importance to our Canadian students and this makes our Law School and its 2-year long, LLB Senior Status especially attractive to our Canadian students.

Our campus in Medway, Kent (the 'Garden of England') is home to the Faculty of Engineering & Science.

Each campus provides modern teaching and learning facilities, including libraries, computers and laboratories in beautiful historic buildings.

We have a large number of Study Abroad, undergraduate, graduate and research programmes and actively encourage transfer students.

Why study at Greenwich

Cost, duration and healthcare

  • Undergraduate degrees are just three years long and graduate degrees are just one year long in the UK.  Greenwich's Senior Status LLB is two years long.
  • Whether you are studying for one, two or three years, each year you study with us should cost you approximately C$33,000, including fees AND living expenses.
  • You will gain valuable life skills, such as the ability to communicate with people from a range of backgrounds and the capacity to adapt to new environments.
  • Our first-rate teaching has been recognised by The Times Education Awards for innovative teaching, National Teaching fellowships for staff and three Queen's Anniversary Prizes for Higher and Further Education.

Cultural experience

  • London and the south-east of England offer a wealth of resources and opportunities for part-time work, making friends and experiencing another culture in an English speaking country.
  • All three of our campuses benefit from excellent transport links. Greenwich is well connected by bus and the London Underground to all of the sights and attractions of London. The Medway Campus is just a 45-minute train journey away. The whole country is open to you through high-speed train links to virtually all the major cities and Europe.
  • Ranked best university in London for teaching excellence by the Sunday Times University Guide 2011.

Study Abroad Programme

The university has extensive provision for students wishing to study for one semester or a year at Greenwich.

You can transfer credits back to your home institution in Canada and gain international experience within your current undergraduate degree. In particular, our Business School and Faculty of Architecture, Computing & Humanities are popular for short term study abroad students. For more details read about our Study Abroad programme

Chat with other North American students at Greenwich to see what a wonderful place Greenwich is to study

“London is a global, vibrant and diverse city. There are so many museums and galleries in London, and most of them are free!! I have met so many nationalities, and some of them became good friends from whom I’ve learnt a lot.

For work experience, Greenwich has a really good network for placements. For instance, I had the privilege to have an internship at Deutsche Bank Global Compliance and I am still interning with them. I need to thank the University of Greenwich and more specifically the Law School for providing this opportunity to apply for internships. Several of my friends have won internships at other firms such as 7 Bedford Row, HSBC and London Metropolitan Police. Last year the Student Law Society organised a trip to Brussels to visit the European Commission and Parliament.

London’s cultural offering is ideal for students who are looking for a culturally enriching student experience. The campus occupies a World Heritage Site. Try to imagine a royal court on the banks of the River Thames, with a hill providing an incredible view of the campus and Canary Wharf, London’s financial district.”

Genseric Perras-Yu
University of Greenwich Law Student


Financial Aid from your Province

Funding for your programme of study may come from a number of sources. These may include Canada Student Aid loans, which are available to Canadians from any province, specific loans from your province of residence, as well as from your family and savings that you may have.

To apply for aid you must contact the education department responsible for support within your province. Your application will be considered for both types of support and so you do not have to make more than one application.

The application processes differ between provinces and so it is important that you take steps to identify what you need to do as soon as possible. Some provinces require you to ensure that educational institution you wish to study with is registered with the provincial government you are applying too which can sometimes take time.

The University of Greenwich, London is already a designated university for financial assistance in the following provinces:


Greenwich is a designated university for Student Aid Alberta. The school code are PULT for study on the Greenwich Campus and PULR for study at the Medway Campus.

British Colombia

After you have been offered a place at the University of Greenwich, you must apply for Financial Assistance through the BC Ministry of Advanced Education. Greenwich is then contacted by the Ministry and we will confirm you have been offered a place with us. The school code is: PUFY.


Greenwich is designated for Manitoba Student Aid. The school code is PULT.


Greenwich is a designated university under the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP). After you have been offered a place with Greenwich, you must contact OSAP (further details can be found on the OSAP website ). You will be issued an OSAP letter which you must send to Greenwich to this e-mail ID:

Other Province or Territory

If you are from any other Province or Territory in Canada, you should check with your educational loans provider to ascertain whether designation is required prior to making an application for student loan support. If designation is required by Greenwich, please contact us at .

Most designation processes take 4-6 weeks and so we would recommend contacting us by 31 May to allow this process to be completed without causing a delay in the availability of your support.

Entry Requirements


Please see your province / territory below for our entrance requirements.

Note: the below requirements are valid for ALL programmes EXCEPT our 3-year undergraduate LLB programme.  If you are interested in studying this programme, our requirement is 80% in your provincial / territorial exams.

If you are interested in our 2-year Senior Status LLB after you have finished your bachelor's degree first, this is a graduate programme and we require a CGPA 3.0 / 4 or a B grade. However, as with all of our programmes, applicants will be judged on their individual merits.


Conditional upon passing Alberta-High School Diploma with minimum 75% in at least 5 Grade 12 subjects.

British Columbia

Conditional upon passing British Columbia Secondary School diploma with minimum 70% in five Grade 12 subjects (preferably minimum 5 grade Bs).

Newfoundland and Labrador(NL)

Conditional upon passing NL  Secondary School diploma with minimum 70% in six subjects or 60% in nine 3,0000 level subjects.

Nova Scotia

Conditional upon passing Nova Scotia Secondary School diploma with minimum 70% in five Grade 12 subjects.


Conditional upon passing Ontario Secondary School Diploma with minimum 70% in six Grade 12 U or M courses.

Law Conditional upon passing Ontario Secondary School Diploma with minimum 80% in six Grade 12 U or M courses


Conditional upon passing Canada-Quebec-Diplome d'Etudes Collegiales minimum 70% and achieving IELTS minimum band 6 with not less than 5.5 in any skill.


We require either a four year bachelor degree with honours/Baccalaureat de type Honours or a four year Diploma in Honours Standing.

  • If on 9 point scale grade 6.
  • If on 4 point scale grade 2.7.
  • If in letters grade B-
  • If in percentages - if pass mark 60% then we required min 72% , if pass mark 50% then we need minimum 66%

English language

We will accept a pass on the English component of the Grade 11 of Secondary School Diploma/Diplôme d'Études Secondaires as meeting our minimum English language proficiency requirements. If you are from Quebec, we require an IELTS 6.0 with at least 5.5 in each skill or equivalent.

For further details on English language requirements, please see our English/Foundation programmes page.


There are similarities and differences in the Canada and UK university application processes. Understanding some of these will help to ensure a smooth application for you:

  • There is no application fee at the University of Greenwich.  You apply  to the university directly and should have a response within 2 weeks of application.  You may also apply for our Undergraduate programs through UCAS – the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service.
  • Our application process for degree programmes is completely electronic and after submitting your details, you will go through stages where you will upload your scanned documents.
  • As with the Canadian system, we require recent transcripts , a  personal statement and an academic reference.
  • The British academic year runs from mid-September -- June. All of our programs start in September but a number of our graduate programmes have a January start.
  • You may apply up to us up until the summer before your programme starts – or November if you are applying for a January start. However, you are strongly advised to apply in good time since you will need to consider applying for accommodation and your student visa.
  • We prioritise accommodation allocation for international students only until late spring. Students who apply for accommodation by the summer deadline are guaranteed an offer of university accommodation if you are studying with us for a minimum of one academic year.
  • You may apply before you have all of your grades/results and we can issue a ‘conditional offer’, meaning we promise to hold a place for you on condition you complete your current course of studies at a specified level.
  • Remember that when listing dates, in the UK we use the Day / Month / Year format. So December 1st 2000 is written as : 01 / 12 / 2000
  • All of our new students take part in orientation activities for new international students in ‘Transition Week.’ In the first week you will receive information about registering for a doctor and opening a bank account.  In addition, the University’s Student’s Union organises a “Fresher’s Week” which includes a welcome fair showcasing various clubs and societies.  There is also a welcome event for American in Fresher’s Week and we organise an annual Thanksgiving Dinner in November for our North American students and staff.
  • The University of Greenwich will issue you with an offer letter and guidance on applying for the appropriate type of visa for studying with us in the UK.


As an international fee paying student you will probably need a Tier 4 student visa to study with us. The most common reason for not needing a Tier 4 student visa is if you hold an EU/British passport or are resident in the EU.

Information on how to apply and the requirements for your student visa to study with us can be found on the UK Visa and Immigration Agency's website.

Another useful website that gives information on applying for a student visa is UKCISA (UK Council for International Student Affairs)

Some useful points to remember:

  • In order to apply for a Tier 4 student visa you will require a CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance) number from us.  This is the same as all UK universities.
  • To receive a CAS number from us you would need to be holding an unconditional academic offer and have paid the £3000 deposit (exception to this is if you are applying for any financial assistance and are not required to make the payment for the deposit – but you will be advised of this from the International Office/Finance  team at the university at the time you request for a CAS number from us)
  • An unconditional academic offer means the University of Greenwich does not need you to send us any exam results/transcripts/diplomas etc.
  • You would need to contact the International Office with your full name and student ID number on to request your CAS number.
  • A CAS number can be issued by the University of Greenwich 6 months before the course start date of the programme but you can only apply for your visa 3 months before the start date of your programme.
  • Original certificates/transcripts of your studies need to be provided when you make your visa application (remember you will also need the originals to show us at registration when you come to Greenwich). The exact academic documents you need to apply for your visa with will be mentioned on your CAS statement.
  • The CAS statement the university sends you is an electronic document which mentions your CAS number.  The CAS number is a virtual number which is only issued electronically.
  • The UKVI considers the Medway campus 'Outside London' and Greenwich and Avery Hill campuses 'In London' for maintenance costs.  Proving you have enough in your bank account through personal funds and any additional financial assistance is an important consideration for your visa application and is explained more thoroughly above.
  • Finally, do ensure you read through the links and guidelines above before applying for a visa, especially in regards to what you need to provide for tuition fees and maintenance.

Tour dates

Further tour date information will be posted shortly. Alternatively, please contact the International Office.

Contact us

International Office

The International Office is a dedicated department, here to assist international students and guide them through the application process. Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.

Telephone: +44 020 8331 8136
Fax: +44 020 8331 8625

Contact our local representatives for more information:


Name of agent: Future Project
Contact: 1 888 506 2257
Address: Toronto, ON; Vancouver, BC


Connect with applicants and current students in our international student Facebook group.

Get in touch

Whether you want to find out more about studying at Greenwich or have a query about your eligibility for studying in the UK, we can help.

You can contact us by e-mail, telephone or by completing the contact form on this page.

Telephone: +44 (0) 20 8331 8136