Study Abroad students

Students who would like to study abroad with us but don't currently study at one of our partner universities can apply as a fee-paying study abroad student.  Please contact to express your interest and find out more about the application process.

Erasmus+ and Exchange Students

Students from our partner universities must be nominated first before submitting an application.  Once we receive your nomination from your home university, we will send you application materials. Please contact your Faculty Erasmus Coordinator with questions.


Students interested in studying abroad should normally have completed at least 1 year of undergraduate studies before starting their studies at the University of Greenwich.  Additional eligibility criteria for applicants:

  • Minimum of 2.8 on 4.00 GPA scale (3.00 for Engineering, Architecture & Construction and Computing and Mathematical Science)
  • English language requirements
    • IELTS 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each component (only considered if the test date has not expired) If you have taken another English language exam, please get in touch directly to check whether this is accepted.
    • Nationals of a majority English-speaking country if in the application process it has been demonstrated that they are able to understand all facets of English competencies to the required level
  • When applying, students should be prepared to upload a copy of his or her passport or ID card, and a copy of transcript to date from home university.  Secondary school records are usually not required at the time of application.
Important Steps:
  1. Review the module information and get in touch with to ask for application guidance.
  2. Submit an application with the required evidence ahead of the application deadline
  3. After receiving confirmation of acceptance, students can apply for on-campus accommodation (if they wish to do so). **Students may be offered a room on the Avery Hill campus if studying at Greenwich, or vice versa.  A free shuttle-bus runs every hour between the two campuses for students.  Students studying at the Medway campus should apply to live at the Medway campus.
  4. Submit your requested module choices to your Faculty Erasmus Coordinator (Erasmus+ students) or Global Mobility Manager (Study Abroad or Exchange students)
  5. Apply for visa (if applicable)
  6. Prepare for your arrival in London