Results and appeals

Whatever your circumstances, we are here to support.

Please don’t panic.

If you are appealing your grades, please reach out to your school/ college first. They will guide you through this process.

As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, we acknowledge the uncertainty and disruption to your education and preparations for transitioning to university. On receiving the results of your pending qualifications we will take a holistic view on offer conditions and the impact on your individual circumstances.

If you applied to study at University of Greenwich and accepted your offer but are appealing the grade(s) A Level/ BTEC/GCSE/level 3 or 2 results from your school, we will try to hold your offer of a place with us where possible.

Please contact us once the outcome of your appeal is known.

If the course has become full, we may offer a deferred place for January 2022 or September 2022 start, depending on course availability.

We will only accept appeals until 08 September 2021 as part of the advisory deadline.

I wasn't accepted at Greenwich with my original grades but my appeal grades are higher and would meet my offer. What should I do?

Our team are reviewing case by case. Please call our team of advisors on 020 8331 9000 to discuss your options.

UCAS track shows I have been accepted at Greenwich. What should I do now?

Congratulations! We'll be sending a series of emails over the next few weeks to get you started. This will include your university login details and information about how to register online within the next week. You can also find out more on our Welcome pages.

You should receive a follow up call too. This will give you a chance to ask any questions you might have.

I didn't get the grades I hoped for, but I've been accepted at Greenwich. I want to take my place. Can I still appeal my grades?

We are looking forward to welcoming you to Greenwich.

We consider applications holistically and have considered the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, so in some cases students may have been accepted where they have fallen slightly short on the conditions of their offer.

You can still appeal your grades. To do this, you should contact your school or college directly.

I didn't get the grades I hoped for. I am considering appealing or sitting exams in the autumn. Can I defer my place at Greenwich?

To appeal your grades and/or arrange to take exams in the autumn you should contact your school or college directly.

To request a deferral of your place until September 2022, you must have a confirmed place at Greenwich with no pending qualifications or results. Please email Greenwich Admissions ( with 'Deferral' in the subject line and include your UCAS ID.