This page shows the payment required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and links to our secure online payment method.

The administration cost for the DBS Enhanced certificate is payable by debit or credit card (American Express is not accepted) using the our online secure payment system

Cash and card payments will not be accepted when you come to verify your ID documents at the Student Centre, so please ensure you make the necessary payments prior to arrival.  

Please note: students with an overseas address will also need to obtain a Certificate of Good Conduct from their country of residence.

Student programme Subsidised Cost
Adult Nursing student No £49.00
Mental Health Nursing student No £49.00
Children's Nursing student No £49.00
Midwifery student No £49.00
Learning Disabilities Nursing student No £49.00
Speech and Language Therapy Student No £49.00
Paramedic Science student based in London No £49.00
Paramedic Science student based in Medway No £49.00
Acupuncture student No £49.00
MPHARM School of Pharmacy No £49.00
Primary Teacher Training No £49.00
Secondary Teacher Training No £49.00
FE Teacher Training No £49.00
Youth and Community Student No £49.00
Early Years student No £49.00
Social Work student No £49.00
Subject Knowledge Enhancement (long programme) No £49.00
Student Placement Refer to department* Varies
Student Ambassador Schemes Refer to department* Varies

* Some Schools and Offices subsidise Disclosure applications for student placement/ambassador schemes: please check with your School/Office for confirmation of cost.

Other than those groups listed above, the university is not in a position to process Disclosure applications for students.  In cases where the DBS is required but not as part of your programme of studies, you should discuss with the employer organisation about how to proceed with your DBS Disclosure. They should be able to process it for you. You can also contact the DBS directly to find out if there are any 'umbrella' organisations that are able to process Disclosure applications for individuals.

Students with an overseas address

If you have lived outside the UK within the last 5 years, you must obtain a Certificate of Good Conduct (a police records check) from the country of residence. To do this, you should seek advice form the relevant embassy or high commission of that country in the UK.  You may also wish to contact the police authorities in the areas in which you were resident. You should present this certificate to the Student Centre at or before registration in addition to completing the DBS application form.

Step 2 begin your application