If you have a disability, specific learning difficulty, long term medical condition or mental health condition you should begin to think about and plan for your support at least one year before you intend to start your course.

Before you apply

For most students this will involve applying for Disabled Students' Allowances (DSAs). Those who have personal care needs, or on going medical or mental health care needs will need to liaise with their local social services or medical/mental health services to ensure continuity of care. This will apply whichever university you attend and you should not delay making the necessary applications and arrangements until you have a confirmed place.

If you need advice on these arrangements you are invited to contact the Student Wellbeing Service at any time in the application process . You are also advised to attend one of the university Open Days.

When you have an offer of a place

Prospective students with disabilities, dyslexia and other specific learning difficulties

Once you have accepted and confirmed your offer of a place, it will assist the Student Wellbeing Service to plan for your projected support needs when you arrive if you can email your medical evidence to wellbeing@gre.ac.uk.

These may include:

  • letter of confirmation of Disabled Students' Allowances from your funding authority
  • copy of your Assessment of Needs report

You must ensure that you have applied for DSAs in advance of starting your course, and make an appointment to see a Student Wellbeing Co-ordinator once registered on your course