Study here

Student Finance England package

The student support you will receive to enable you to fund your studies will depend on a number of factors including where you study and your personal circumstances.

Students living in England

If you live in England and are entering higher education as an undergraduate student you should visit the Student Finance England (SFE) website where you will find more information on the types of support available and how to apply for them.

Students living in other parts of the UK

Students living in other parts of the UK have their own funding arrangements for student support. Visit the following websites for further information.

We recommend that you retain copies of correspondences sent and received to and from SFE or regional equivalent for future reference and possible re-assessment. You should also ensure that you safely record your login information to the relevant application website. You will need to reapply for support annually and so you and any applicable persons named on your application, such as your parents, will need to access their online account to do this. SFE will not re-issue lost login information which may mean you will need to renew your support on a paper application.  

EU nationals

If you are an EU National intending to studying in England, you may only be entitled to apply for a tuition fee loan to support your studies. To determine the level of your eligibility you should visit the government Student Finance website and complete the form finder questionnaire. Following the decision of the UK to leave the European Union, you may wish to read the following information.

International students

Information for international students on tuition fees can be found on our international fees and finance pages.

Money Management

Money Management
We are here to help you plan, budget and manage your finances. Download our interactive budget planner, student money manual or search for additional funding.

Important information

  • You must sign and return your Student Loan Declaration letter to receive your Maintenance Loan into your bank account when you begin your studies. If you do not sign and return it, SFE will not release your funding to you or pay your tuition fees.
  • Your student support is usually paid to you in three instalments, normally one at the start of each term. You will need to have completed both part 1 and part 2 of your registration so that we can notify Student Finance England that you are attending. This will release your first instalment to you. It can take two to three days for the money to reach your account.
  • If you miss the deadline to make an application, Student Finance England may not be able to release your funding in time for September, If this happens, you may be able to apply for a Short Term Loan from the university. Short-term loans are available to full-time home undergraduate students, whose grants and loan payments have not been paid or are delayed at the start of term. You may apply for a short-term loan by visiting your campus Student Centre. This emergency loan must be repaid as soon as you have received your first Maintenance Loan/Grant instalment.
  • If you have studied a higher education course previously, it is likely to affect your entitlement to student support. You may not be eligible for a Tuition Fee or Maintenance Loan. It is important to be aware of the rules and regulations surrounding previous study, withdrawing, interrupting or transferring onto a new course. This is because the rules can can affect how much financial support you are entitled to.  Please email us at for more detailed information