Study here

Part time student support

The University of Greenwich guide to student support for part time students. Find out if any grants are available for your part time study.

New part-time students who commence an undergraduate degree programme from September 2012 can apply for a Tuition Fee Loan (TFL) each year towards programme tuition fees only.

Paying your tuition fees

In order to qualify for a tuition fee loan you must meet set criteria of personal eligibility. You must also be studying an appropriate designated undergraduate degree for which you must be studying at least 25% of a full-time equivalent programme each year. The amount of tuition fee loan available is dependent on the number of courses you study each year. It is important therefore that you apply for the correct amount of tuition fee loan. You should ensure that you know and understand the programme structure that you will be following. You can discuss this with your faculty if you are unsure. Tuition fee loans are paid directly the university.

Applying for your tuition fee loan

New students can apply for a tuition fee loan online. Further information on what you could get, how to apply as well as what and when you will have to repay, is available here.  EU Nationals are not able to apply online. A paper application must be completed and returned by post. The application process for part time students generally opens on the government website in June.

Help with living costs

There is no financial support available to help students with their living cost. Students will need to think about how they will support themselves if they choose to study part-time.

Disabled Students' Allowance

Students with a disability may qualify for Disabled Students' Allowances (DSAs).

DSA provides extra financial help to meet the extra course costs students face as a direct result of their disability. DSA is paid on top of your student loan and does not need to be repaid.

Income related benefits

Students with low incomes may be able to claim income-related benefits and should therefore contact their local Job Centre to seek further advice and information. A tuition fee loan will not be taken into account in assessing your eligibility to benefits.

Bursaries and scholarships

The University of Greenwich also offers a variety of bursaries and scholarships. Further information can be found on bursaries and scholarships.

Access to learning fund

Students may be able to apply to the Access to Learning Fund for financial support towards travel and course costs only. The fund opens in October each year. Application forms are available to download or collect from your campus Student Centre Finance Team.

Further information

We would advise that you visit for further information.