University can be expensive: tuition fees, accommodation, living costs and books. The good news is that there's plenty of financial support available at the University of Greenwich.

If you need student finance, you should apply as soon as your offer is confirmed. Applications can take up to six weeks to process, but Student Finance England carries out an initial assessment so you have some money as close to the start of your programme as possible. If you live elsewhere in the UK, there is a different process, so you'll need to contact Student Awards Agency Scotland, Student Finance Wales , or Student Finance NI for Northern Ireland. The sooner you apply the better.

Tuition fee loan

Eligible UK students can apply for a tuition fee loan. This will help with the cost of your programme – one of your biggest expenses. Different programmes charge different fees, so please check these.

A tuition fee loan can give you up to £9,250 a year. This is paid directly to your university or college in three instalments throughout the year. You don't have to start paying back the loan until you're earning at least £21,000 a year.

Maintenance loan

A maintenance loan helps cover living expenses. The amount you get depends on your location (in or outside London) and whether you live with your family. It also depends on whether you're planning to study abroad. 

Other support

You may be eligible for a scholarship or bursary. There are also allowances and grants for students with children, students who are care leavers, and disabled students. Plus, there's a special hardship fund if you're ever in serious trouble.

We provide free advice to students on financial matters including guidance from trained advisers through the national 'Money Doctors' initiative. To find out more, please visit our student finance pages.

Useful links on student finance

Undergraduate tuition fees

Government grants and allowances

Paying your fees