Discover the financial support available to you throughout your studies.

There's no doubt that uni's expensive: tuition fees, accommodation, living costs, books... it all adds up very quickly. The good news is that there's plenty of help at hand when it comes to financial support.

Tuition fee loan

Eligible UK students can apply for a tuition fee loan. This loan will help with the cost of your course – one of your biggest expenses. Different courses charge different fees, so you'll need to check with your uni. Apply, and you could get up to £9,000 each year. This is paid directly to your university or college in three installments throughout the year. You don't have to pay back the loan until you're earning at least £21,000 a year.

Maintenance loans

These loans are available to help cover living expenses. The amount you get depends on whether you live with your family, and in or outside London. It also depends on whether you're planning to study abroad. Loan amounts currently range from £6,704 to £10,702. The University of Greenwich has three campuses in and outside London, with choice of accommodation for every budget.

Other support

Scholarships and bursaries are available in certain circumstances. There are a number of allowances and grants for students with children, students who are care leavers, and disabled students – you can find out more on our student finance service pages. Plus, there's a special hardship fund if you're ever in serious trouble.

We know that managing money at uni isn't always easy. So we have lots of online resources to help, including info on the national Money Doctor initiative. There's also a free Student Advice Service ready to give guidance on all financial matters. Don't be afraid to ask questions - here's our FAQ answering the top queries students have on finance.

For us, it's about getting every student off to a brilliant start. The adventure starts right here.