Medical services

As a student at Greenwich, you’ll want to know that if you fall ill, you will receive immediate help and support. Register at a local medical centre for added peace of mind.

Our health services provide the information and advice you need and access to medical treatment in the event of sickness or emergency. If you fall ill while on campus or living in university halls of residence, there is always staff on duty to help you contact your local GP or emergency services.

Where to register

Avery Hill

Students who live on / near our Avery Hill Campus can register with a local GP surgery that we work closely with:

Elmstead Medical Clinic

81 William Barefoot Drive

Coldharbour Estate



Tel: 020 8857 1900 or 020 8860 0104

Greenwich / Medway

Students living at our Greenwich and Medway Campuses can register with local GP surgeries that we work closely with.

Burney Street Practice

48 Burney Street
SE10 8EX

Tel: 020 8858 0631

Wallace Health Centre

Clarence Road

Tel: 020 8469 3300

South Street Medical Centre

71a Greenwich South Street
SE10 8NT

Tel: 020 8293 3330

NHS treatment for international students

All international students at the University of Greenwich for six months or longer are entitled to free National Health Service (NHS) treatment.

European Economic Area (EEA) Nationals studying for less than six months are also eligible if they complete form E128 in their home country.

Any other international students studying for less than six months will have to pay for any non-emergency treatment. We highly recommend you take out medical insurance.

If you are a resident of a country that has a reciprocal health care agreement, you will be eligible for some NHS treatment.

Free services available through the NHS

  • Consultations with a GP or nurse
  • Contraception and pregnancy advice
  • Sexual health advice (men and women)
  • Well-woman clinics
  • Baby clinics
  • Asthma clinics
  • Diabetes clinics
  • Chiropodists
  • Counselling
  • Free hospital treatment
  • Emergency medical help.

You will have to pay for:

  • Medicines prescribed by the GP.
  • Vaccinations for travel and sickness certificates.
  • Dental treatment.
  • Eye tests and glasses.

News and updates on your wellbeing