The University of Greenwich offers a guarantee of accommodation to new students subject to the following conditions.
Accommodation guarantee conditions
- You are attending the University of Greenwich for the first time (either as a first-year undergraduate or postgraduate, or as a direct entrant to another year)
- Your accommodation application has been received before 25 August 2017
- You are enrolling on a full-time programme of study, for which you have qualified and have accepted your offer of study by 25 August 2017
- You start your studies in September and you are studying for the whole academic year
- You are studying on one of the three main University of Greenwich campuses (Avery Hill, Greenwich or Medway)
Please note that students whose applications for accommodation were received by 30 June will be given priority for booking their accommodation provided they qualify for their programme of study by 18 August 2017.
Although the university tries to honour the preferences of students when allocating rooms, we are not always able to offer students their preferred type of room or hall.
Greenwich Campus-based students should note that if we are unable to offer a room in a hall near the Greenwich Campus, a room in the Student Village at Avery Hill may be offered (subject to availability). Greenwich Campus-based students may therefore wish to consider listing the Student Village at Avery Hill as a preference in their application. More than half the residents of the Student Village study at the Greenwich Campus and a free intercampus bus runs between the two sites.
You will normally be offered accommodation in a university hall of residence but in the unlikely event that rooms within university halls are unavailable, the university will either find you alternative university-approved housing or secure a room for you in short-term accommodation until a room within a university hall becomes available.
I am studying at a partner college, can I apply for university accommodation?
The university is not usually able to extend the guarantee of accommodation to students enrolled at partner colleges. Students at our partner colleges are advised to contact the Accommodation Service directly if they are interested in living in one of the halls of residence. If you cannot be offered a placement in halls of residence you will be advised of alternative options available to you.
We have priority places for students with disabilities or special requirements.