Information for students in halls of residence


The university’s accommodation team is now working remotely, with security, cleaning and maintenance operating in the halls as usual.

If you have a query or need assistance, please check first on the accommodation portal before contacting us, as there may already be an answer to your question or a form that you can complete. Otherwise, please contact staff at your halls and we will respond as quickly as possible.

Avery Hill:
Greenwich Residences:
Medway Residences:

You can no longer contact accommodation services by phone, but you can speak to student services on 020 8331 8272. There are also resident assistants (RAs) working in the halls in the evenings and weekends. They are not conducting face-to-face visits and will instead provide telephone assistance and report matters back to the accommodation services team to deal with during the day. If there is a period with no RA cover, you should call security if there is an emergency situation. RA and security telephone numbers are displayed in kitchens and communal areas.  

Please remember to complete the form on the accommodation portal advising us if you are remaining in the halls or returning home, either temporarily or permanently. We will contact all students who have completed the form and say they have left as soon as we have more information.

Most university services are operating remotely now. The university's student wellbeing service can be contacted by email at or by telephone on 020 8331 7875. Other resources are available here and you may want to access the Big White Wall for 24/7 online mental health support.

We will keep you updated via email of any changes. You can also check the FAQs available on the accommodation portal.