Our accommodation guarantee


We guarantee accommodation in halls to most new full-time students (and some returning students), who meet a few simple criteria. The application deadline is 22 August.

Living in halls of residence is a great way to meet new people and make lifelong friends. To help you get your university days off to a flying start, we offer an accommodation guarantee for most new students. If you're coming to the University of Greenwich for the first time as a first-year undergraduate or postgraduate, or as a direct entrant to another year, you will have an accommodation guarantee, providing:

  • You are enrolling on a full-time programme of study for which you have qualified and have accepted your offer of study
  • You meet our accommodation deadline date
  • You start your studies in September and are studying for the whole academic year
  • You are studying on one of the three main University of Greenwich campuses (Avery Hill, Greenwich or Medway)

We offer around 2,400 places in halls on or near our campuses at Avery Hill, Greenwich and Medway. All our accommodation includes 24/7 residential support, free internet and WiFi, all utility bills and contents insurance, and some flats have en-suite rooms and balconies.

Find out more about the different types of accommodation at each campus:

Although the university tries to honour the preferences of students when allocating rooms, we are not always able to offer students their preferred type of room or hall.

Greenwich Campus based students should note that if we are unable to offer a room in a hall near Greenwich Campus, a room in the Student Village at Avery Hill may be offered (subject to availability). More than half the residents of the Student Village study at Greenwich Campus and a free intercampus bus runs between the two sites.

You will normally be offered accommodation in a university hall of residence but in the unlikely event that rooms within university halls are unavailable, the university will either find you alternative university-approved housing or secure a room for you in short-term accommodation until a room within a university hall becomes available.

Partner colleges

The university is not usually able to extend the guarantee of accommodation to students enrolled at partner colleges. Students at our partner colleges are advised to contact the Accommodation Service directly if they are interested in living in one of the halls of residence. If you cannot be offered a placement in halls of residence you will be advised of alternative options available to you.