The University of Greenwich guarantees student accommodation to most new full-time students if you meet some simple conditions. Find out more.

The University of Greenwich offers a guarantee of accommodation to new students subject to the following conditions.

Accommodation guarantee conditions

  • You are attending the University of Greenwich for the first time (either as a first-year undergraduate or postgraduate, or as a direct entrant to another year)
  • Your accommodation application has been received before 22 August 2019 (although we expect to still have rooms available after this date) 
  • You are enrolling on a full-time programme of study, for which you have qualified and have accepted your offer of study
  • You start your studies in September and you are studying for the whole academic year (note: students studying for one semester can also live in halls of residence)
  • You are studying on one of the three main University of Greenwich campuses (Avery Hill, Greenwich or Medway)

Please note that students whose applications for accommodation were received by 30 June will be given priority for booking their accommodation provided they qualify for their programme of study by 16 August 2019.

Although the university tries to honour the preferences of students when making offers of rooms, we are not always able to offer students their preferred type of room or hall.

Greenwich Campus-based students should note that if we are unable to offer a room in a hall near the Greenwich Campus, a room in the Student Village at Avery Hill will normally be offered. More than two-thirds of the residents of the Student Village study at the Greenwich Campus and a free inter-campus bus runs between the two sites.

You will normally be offered accommodation in a university hall of residence but in the unlikely event that rooms within university halls are unavailable, the university will either find you alternative university-approved housing or secure a room for you in short-term accommodation until a room within a university hall becomes available.

I am studying at a partner college, can I apply for university accommodation?

The university is not usually able to extend the guarantee of accommodation to students enrolled at partner colleges unless an agreement is place with the partner college (currently in place with Bird College and Hadlow College). Students at our partner colleges are advised to contact the Accommodation Service directly if they are interested in living in one of the halls of residence. If you cannot be offered a place in halls of residence you will be advised of alternative options available to you.

Further information

Accommodation guarantee

The University of Greenwich guarantees student accommodation to most new full-time students if you meet some simple conditions. Find out more.

Special circumstances

Special circumstances for disabled students, students with medical conditions, students leaving care, and students on short courses, teaching or placement.

Student lifestyle

You will be part of a friendly community that will help you discover new talents and achieve extraordinary things.

Frequently asked questions

Frequently-asked-questions about student accommodation at the University of Greenwich. Includes information on applying, costs, and when you need to apply.

Next steps

View all the accommodation options available and make your choice before applying online for student accommodation.