Information for parents

What to know about the University of Greenwich.

We are Covid safe

We know that having a child or relative at university in the current climate can be a cause of anxiety. The health, safety and wellbeing of all our students is our top priority.

We're working closely with local council partners and following all the advice from the Government and Public Health England to make sure that we act responsibly and support our students.

What support do we offer?

We support the wellbeing of our students through our dedicated teams. Students have access to three support teams:

  • Counselling
  • Mental health
  • Disability and dyslexia support.

As part of this, your child or dependant may be offered short-term counselling, guidance, practical support and referrals to external mental health services.

Accommodation and security

The university halls of residence, where most University of Greenwich students live during their first year, offer a supportive home away from home.

There's 24/7 advice and assistance from university staff and residential assistants who live in the halls.

Our new accommodation promise includes a coronavirus break clause and a rent-free period for overseas students who need to quarantine when they arrive.

We can also help to arrange private accommodation through our partnership with Studentpad, an online student accommodation service.

What should I do if I'm concerned

We understand that there may be times when parents and guardians may feel concerned about their child or dependant while they are studying here.

Though we cannot share information with you due to data protection and confidentiality, if you contact us we will listen and take appropriate action.


Clearing can help your child or dependant enrol on a university course at a late stage of the application cycle. It's ideal for situations such as:

  • They don't have the grades for their first or second choice university
  • They haven't yet applied but now want to begin a course
  • They've changed their mind from their original choice of course or university.

There is a lot to consider and to get done in a short time. To help with this, we offer a priority telephone number for fast access to our Clearing team on results day. We also send new students all the information they need to get started.

Open Days

If you'd like to see what your child's experience at Greenwich will be like, join them at one of our Open Days. Visitors can talk to staff and students and attend talks on student finance and how to apply.

I'm the parent / guardian of an international student

We can help your child adapt to life in England. This includes welfare, opening bank accounts and registering with a doctor, as well as questions around immigration and student finance.

Why choose Greenwich?

Greenwich is a place where students have a great and memorable student experience. It brings together people with a shared interest in learning new things, developing skills and fulfilling potential.

There are so many great reasons to study at Greenwich. 96% of our current students and former students would recommend us, according to a 2017 survey. Find out why.

What about my child's finances?

Student Centres on each campus provide information and guidance on student finance issues, including government funding, tuition fees, scholarships and bursaries.


We are dedicated to helping our students find the best possible graduate roles when they complete university. Many of our courses offer the option of an internship or placement to prepare students for the workplace.

Our dedicated Employability & Careers Service offers all sorts of practical support, from CVs to interview practice. We also support students with starting their own business.


Graduation marks the pinnacle of our students' achievements and we are delighted to invite you to a ceremony when your child graduates from the university.

Find everything you need to know about our award ceremonies, including where they are held and how to apply for a visa if you are travelling from abroad.