During your studies

The last thing you want to do is worry about your visa whilst you are here. But sometimes you'll have questions or will need to think about extending your visa.

We've put together the most important things you need to know about your visa to make your stay in the UK as easy as possible.

Visa and immigration information for current students

It's important to know what you can and cannot do whilst you are in the UK and how to maintain your visa status. You also need to be aware how seemingly minor changes to your studies can affect your visa and what you need to do about this.

If you can't find the information you are looking for, you can contact the International Student Advice Service at any point during your studies. One of our professional advisers will be more than happy to give you any help that you need.

Conditions of your visa

If you have a Student Visa, you should be aware that sponsorship of this is governed by the university's sponsorship policy. This document explains when we will sponsor a Student Visa, and also when we may withdraw sponsorship.

We have summarised the conditions of your Student Visa sponsorship in a helpful leaflet. This explains what you must and must not do to maintain your visa. Please make sure you read this thoroughly.

Contact us

The International Student Advice Service provides free and confidential immigration advice to applicants and students of the university.

University of Greenwich graduates may also be eligible. Please see our guidance on accessing the service for more information.

Email: internationaladvice@gre.ac.uk

The information on this page is correct at the time of writing. Whilst we try to make sure the information we provide is accurate, immigration policy changes frequently. You should therefore always refer to the official gov.uk website to ensure that you have up-to-date information.