Contact us

Contact the Alumni and Development Office and browse the frequently asked questions.

Frequently asked questions

How do I join the University of Greenwich alumni community?

Membership of the alumni community is free and lifelong.

There is nothing that you need to do in anticipation of joining the community. Shortly after you complete your studies you will begin receiving communications from the Alumni and Fundraising Office. This will be to the personal email address which you provided via the student portal.

If you are about to complete your studies, please make sure your contact details are up to date on the student portal when prompted by the Student Services team.

If you have lost touch with Greenwich and would like to reconnect, simply update your details online via our form.

How do I obtain a copy of my degree certificate or transcript?

The university’s Certificates and Transcripts Team handle all requests for copies of certificates, transcripts and confirmation of study letters, please see their website or email them at

I am interested in further study at the University. What are my options?

Alumni can qualify for a postgraduate discount of £1,000 on selected courses. To find out more about the discount, including terms and conditions, please visit the university’s website for more information.

You can explore the postgraduate courses available at the university here.

How can I get involved with volunteering opportunities at the university?

Throughout the year there are a range of volunteering opportunities open to alumni, from mentoring to speaking to students and fellow alumni at careers or faculty events.

To see a full list of current opportunities and for suggestions on how to get involved across the university and with the alumni community, please visit our website or contact us via the form above.

Can I still access university facilities now that I have graduated?

Following the launch of a successful trial, we are delighted to offer a discounted library membership scheme to all members of the alumni community, offering access to campus libraries for £30 annually (this used to be £50).

This offer allows for up to 5 books to be borrowed at any one time, free WiFi access, and members will receive a laminated card which will provide physical access to the sites. To register an account with the Library Services Team, please complete this short form. Due to the university’s licensing obligations, alumni are unable to use university computers or any electronic information products, other than online catalogues and specific alumni-only resources which are accessible online (e.g. online journals as outlined below). Once your account has been approved, you will be sent a payment request. Your membership may take up to 4 weeks to be approved.

Please note: existing alumni passes are no longer valid.

We are pleased to be able to offer free access to both JSTOR and Sage to all alumni. An account will need to be created, so please complete the short form below and your account should be live in approximately 1 week. For questions relating to online journal access, please contact the Library Services Team.

I’m interested in visiting the Greenwich campus. Can you show me about?

We’re always encouraged to hear from alumni who would like to visit our campuses, whether to relive their university days or if they are visiting for the first time. If visiting the Greenwich campus, we may be able to show you around.

Please find copies of our campus maps below.

If you are visiting Avery Hill or Medway campuses, you can access the libraries with a valid Alumni Pass. If you are visiting our Greenwich campus you can use your Alumni Pass to access Stockwell Street library and the Dreadnought Students’ Union facilities. Find out more about applying for your Alumni Pass here.

Can you put me in touch with old friends from university?

The Data Protection Act states that we are not able to provide you with details of other alumni without their permission. However, if we hold a current email address for the person/people who you would like to contact, the Alumni Relations team can forward an email or pass on a message on your behalf.

If you are interested in connecting with Greenwich alumni, then you may be interested in joining Ask Alumni, our new online university community. You can join for free and, once registered, search through Ask Alumni’s directory for alumni who studied your course or was in your graduating year. Find out more about Ask Alumni+ here.

I’ve recently changed my correspondence and/or email address. How can I update my contact details?

You can review and update your contact details on our website here. To view and change your details you will need to provide your personal email address and surname.

If you are having difficulties updating your details, then please email

Can I opt out of receiving communications?

Yes. If you’d like to opt out from all communications from the Alumni and Development please email

For more information about how we use our data, please see our Alumni Privacy Notice.

Avery Hill/Dartford College In Absentia Certificates

For those unable to attend in-person ceremonies between 2018 and 2019, please note that Honorary Degrees are not awarded in absentia. We are not able to respond to new enquiries. If you would like to stay connected with the University to hear about future news and events, please update your details via our online form.

How do I find out more about crowdfunding?

You may have received communications about crowdfunding projects being supported by the University of Greenwich. For further information, see our dedicated FAQ page.

Submit an enquiry

Get in touch

To get in touch, simply complete the contact form above or use the contact details below.

For immediate advice, see our frequently asked questions.

Alumni & Fundraising Office
University of Greenwich
Queen Mary Room 159
Park Row
SE10 9LS


Telephone: +44 (0) 20 8331 7836

Alumni Privacy Notice

HEIST Award Winner Logo