Student Services

Certificates and transcripts

Your original certificate and transcript are important legal documents.

Graduating students

Your original certificate and transcript will be available following conferral of your award at a Progression and Award Board. An email will be sent, to the personal email address held by the university, 3 weeks after your results have been published on the Student Portal with a link to the University of Greenwich Digital Documents Service where you can register to view and/or order your award documentation.

Please ensure you have your student ID number (nine digits starting 00) when registering to the Document Portal. Once you have registered you will be able view your documents and, if you wish, select the free Graduation Pack which consists of your certificate, transcript and covering letter. There will be the opportunity to enter a delivery address and the option of DHL courier service for an additional fee.

To create an account, you will need to provide the following information:

  • First name
  • Last name
  • Student ID number (nine digits starting 00)
  • Date of Birth
  • Personal email address

Please note: Should you be unable to provide all the information requested further security checks will be required and the Certificates and Transcripts team will contact you via email advising of these requirements.

Current students: if you require an interim transcript, please contact Student Centre.

What to do if your documents are unavailable.

Although unusual, there are a few reasons why your certificate or transcript might not be available, and you will be advised who to contact to rectify this once you have registered on the Document Portal.

Most of our students’ questions have been replied to on AskUoG. Here you can check out the most frequently asked questions or raise and enquiry on the Digital Student Centre if your questions is not covered yet.

Alternatively, if you need our detailed advice or continued support, please submit a self-referral [CA1] and we will assess you situation and advise you on next steps.

In accordance with our policies and regulations, the University of Greenwich has the right to withhold transcripts and certificates from students who owe tuition fees to the university.

Contacting the university after you have graduated

Once you have graduated, you may need to contact us:

Alumni Award Document Requests

As an alumnus of the University of Greenwich you can order and view award documentation via the Digital Documents Service. To access this service, you will need to click on the following link and register for an account. Please ensure you use your personal email and not a email address.

In the Document Portal you will be able to view electronic versions of your award documents and order replacement and certified copies of certificates, additional transcripts (post September 1999) and Confirmation of Study letters.

The current fee for these documents is as follows:

  • Replacement certificate - £40
  • 3 certified copies of a certificate - £12
  • Transcript - £18
  • Confirmation of Study letter - £12
  • Tracked postage (DHL) - £28

In addition to this, you can approve qualification verifications requests from third parties by creating a connection which will allow them to view and verify your award documentation digitally.

To create an account, you will be required to provide information as recorded on our database at the time of your studies.

  • First name
  • Last name
  • Student ID number (nine digits starting 00)
  • Date of Birth
  • Personal email address

If any of the information does not match our database, your request will be placed in pending and it can take up to 4 working days to be approved or rejected. If it is approved you will receive email confirmation. If it is rejected, please refer to the FAQs.

If you graduated after 1992 and prior to 2000 please visit our online store to order your documents at

Please note graduates of Thames Polytechnic (post-1970) and Woolwich Polytechnic need to follow a different procedure for obtaining a replacement certificate.

Graduates of Thames Polytechnic
Graduates of Thames Polytechnic can request a replacement certificate via Open University Validation Services.

Graduates of Woolwich Polytechnic
Graduates of Woolwich Polytechnic can request a replacement certificate via the University of London.

Third Party Verifications


If you want to supply a potential employee/university with confirmation of your qualification(s) you will need to register with the Digital Document Service which will enable you to electronically share your award documentation by creating a connection.  To access this service, you will need to click on the following link and register for an account if you do not already have one.

To create an account, you will be required to provide information as recorded on our database at the time of your studies.

  • First name
  • Last name
  • Student ID number (nine digits starting 00)
  • Date of Birth

If any of the information does not match our database, you will be placed in pending and may be sent an email to provide further information. Following successful completion of registration, you will receive an email verification, once received click on the link and you will be able to use the service.

Third parties

Verifications of study for University of Greenwich alumni is now available via our Digital Document Service at the following link:

If you require a qualification verification for an alumnus of the university and they have not already registered with the Digital Document Service, please advise the potential employee/student to do so. They can then create a connection to allow you to securely view their qualification documentation.

Once they have approved the connection you will receive an email advising you how to log on and view the documents. Please note there is a £12 fee per verification.

For more information please visit the FAQs page.

Apostille Seal for Certificate Authentication

We are unable to provide this service at the University of Greenwich however If required, you can have an Apostille stamp/seal added to your certificate for authentication of your document in other countries. This stamp, sometimes called an Apostille of Hague Accords, is issued by the UK Government Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and can be requested here: Get your document legalised - GOV.UK (

Name Changes

Once you have been officially awarded a qualification, credit or other academic achievement from the University of Greenwich we are unable to make amendments to the name held on our Student Records System or make alterations to the name presented on the award documents*.

This means that the name shown on your certificate will be your full name at the time of conferral. A change of name after that date will not result in a change of name on your certificate.

This is in accordance with university regulations and guidance agreed to at the point of registration. Most of this information can be found in the Principal Conditions of Registration

When you initially registered with the University of Greenwich, a member of staff (or a representative at our partner, network or collaborative institution) will have used identity documents (i.e. a passport) to confirm, and amend if necessary, the details held.

Should you undergo a change of name during your studies you must inform the relevant Student Centre, and provide documentary evidence (e.g. marriage certificate, deed poll), this evidence will then be scanned and stored against your student record.


The University of Greenwich will look at requests for a change of name on award documentation if, as an alumnus, you have changed your name due to identifying as transgender or have undergone gender reassignment. To make a request, please contact the Certificates and Transcript Team directly by email ( for advice.

If a name change is then processed, the original certificate must be returned before a replacement is issued.  The Certificates and Transcript Team will be able to provide guidance on how to do this when contacted.

The Certificates and Transcript Service wishes you the very best with your future.

Certificates and Transcript contact details


The team can be contacted Monday to Friday 10am-12noon and 2.30pm-4.30pm via telephone number 02083319789