Our Hardship Fund is now available to postgraduate research students


We are opening our Greenwich Hardship Fund to postgraduate research students to support you with the cost of living.

In response to feedback from Greenwich Students' Union, the Doctoral Society and students, we are making our Greenwich Hardship Fund available to postgraduate research students.

If you are facing unexpected financial difficulties or hardship, the Greenwich Hardship Fund may be able to help.

How to apply

To be eligible to apply, you must meet the criteria as detailed on the University website. For full details and a link to the application form please visit this link.

Completed forms should be submitted with all the required supporting documentation, by email to:

If you are Overseas Assessed, you can apply to our International Hardship Fund.

Please note the funds are not able to assist with the payment of tuition fees; awards are not guaranteed and will depend on individual circumstances.

Further support

We have shared more information on how we are supporting you with the cost of living here.

If you have any questions or further suggestions, please contact