We are pleased you have applied, or are considering applying, to the University of Greenwich. Our campuses have been adjusted to become Covid-Safe with a range of measures to protect and support students and staff.

When you join us you'll become part of a friendly and supportive community of students from all walks of life. Starting university is an exciting time, but we recognise that the pandemic may make you  a little apprehensive.

You will study using a 'blended model' of teaching, which means a mix of online and face-to-face teaching. Lectures are delivered remotely, and face-to-face teaching is taking place under social distancing guidelines. Students who are unable to travel to campus can access their course online.

There are further details on our blended environment and by working together we have developed a Covid-Safe Charter and FAQ's which covers what we expect from you and equally what you can expect from the university and Students Unions.

We understand the uncertainty and disruption to your education and preparations for coming to university. On receiving the results of your pending qualifications, we will take a holistic view on offer conditions and the impact on your individual circumstances.

Applying for 2021

Applying to university can sometimes feel a bit overwhelming, so our dedicated team of experts are here to support you.

We can help you with your application, student finance, accommodation, and other things that you'll need to consider when choosing a university.

Our admissions and application support teams are working as normal, so rest assured that your application will be considered and processed in the same way as normal.

We also send regular email updates to our applicants with the latest information about applying to university.

How to apply.

Who can I speak to about coming to Greenwich?

Our application support team is here to offer advice and reassurance, and there is the opportunity to speak to one of our current students who can tell you all about life at our university.

Simply get in touch if you would like to discuss your application.

Open Days and Offer Holder events

We have an exciting schedule of Virtual Open Day events and webinars for you, where you can learn about the University of Greenwich and campus life. Support includes writing personal statements, application forms, and interview guidance.

Bespoke subject offer-holder events are also online, please check for the latest event information.

When possible, Campus Tours will also be available and there is an opportunity to take a virtual tour.

Outreach events

We are running a reduced number of physical outreach activities, and providing the majority our workshops and support to schools and colleges virtually via online platforms.

There are free interactive resources and videos to guide you through your higher education application journey and transition to university and a range of live webinars.

If you have any questions about accessing the resources, please contact us.

For teachers and advisers who would like more information about our outreach offer, are interested in booking in virtual sessions, or would like to be added to our mailing list, please contact esu@gre.ac.uk or complete a contact form.

Starting your studies in January 2021

Your term starts on 11th January as planned and we have arranged a range of flexible options for you.

  • We expect to deliver your main lectures online for the full term, and you will also have the opportunity to attend seminars on campus under social distancing guidelines.
  • If you are studying a practical course, you will have the option to join smaller, socially distanced groups, in line with the current government advice.
  • If you are worried about coming onto campus, unable to travel to the UK, or need to shield for health reasons, you will also be able to access your course online.

We will keep you updated and provide more details about your upcoming studies with us in the coming weeks.

I'm an International Student - what do I need to do?

There are several things that all new students need to complete.

  • You should make sure that you complete the online registration as soon as possible, if you have not done so already. The final date for registration is Thursday 4th February – by this date you must have fully completed the online registration and you must have been attending online lectures, tutorials and seminars. If you have not completed this, you will be unable to register for this session.
  • The International Welcome Programme is available to access now. This includes helpful resources for you to prepare for life as an international student at the University of Greenwich.
  • Your course induction will begin online in the week commencing 11th January. It is important you attend these online sessions to hear about important information regarding your course and about your time at university. You will be able to access this using your timetable, which you will be able to access through Moodle.
  • Online lectures and tutorials will start in the week beginning 18th January – you will be able to access them through Moodle. All students should attend classes beginning this week. Teaching will take place online only until at least the 15th February, which is the next government review of COVID guidance.

Can I travel to the UK?

The Government is recommending that you do not travel at present unless you absolutely have to. You can study online, from home, for the whole of the first semester if you wish – there are some exceptions to this and your Faculty will be in touch directly if your course is not available online. It is unlikely we will resume face-to-face teaching until at least 15th February. If you have already made plans to arrive in the UK before this date, and these plans cannot be changed, we are ready to welcome you to the University. Our accommodation is open, and we are operating a COVID-safe campus. You should make sure that you follow Government advice on quarantine when you arrive in the UK. Please remember though that classes will still be online even if you are in the UK. Let us know your plans by completing this survey, if you have not done so already, or if your plans have changed.

Pre-sessional English courses for international students

If required, you are now able to complete an online pre-sessional English language programme taught in partnership with our colleagues from Oxford International Group. You can find more information about this on Pre-Sessional English courses.

English Language Test Centre and Results

The university is pleased to offer an online English language test.

Sign up for the test. Remember to use the discount code UGELLT for a 50% discount!

The English language level you need to reach in order to qualify for some of our postgraduate courses has also been adjusted. See the English language entry criteria.

Deposits and my CAS

The university is no longer accepting deposit payments for January starting courses. Students who have made a deposit payment should continue to engage with the pre-CAS process, obtain a CAS, and complete a visa application. The university recommends that students who are not travelling, continue to engage with the pre-CAS process, so that the university can provide you with a CAS in good time to make your visa application ahead of eventual travel to the UK. CAS now issued by the university will have a start date of 15h February, which will be the earliest that most courses will begin face-to-face teaching.

The CAS Team is dealing with a large number of requests at the moment, so we ask that you do not phone to chase your CAS. Please submit all documents through CAS Shield and the team will work through them as quickly as possible. You should prepare to begin teaching online during week commencing 18th January, and complete your registration before this date.

Making a deposit payment or providing other accepted financial documentation is still a necessary part of the Student Visa process. More about Student Visas.

Applying for accommodation

Accommodation applications are open as normal, and we have availability. You can apply through the accommodation portal via the application tracker.

We have issued an accommodation promise, which includes a coronavirus break clause and there is a period for overseas students who are required to quarantine by the UK government.

Find out more about our halls and accommodation.

Support for disabled and dyslexic applicants

Our STAART initiative for disabled and dyslexic applicants (including mental health difficulties) continues as usual.

We have various remote mechanisms in place to support you. See our STAART pages for more.

We strongly encourage students with a disability, a specific learning difficulty such as dyslexia, or a long term medical condition and/or a mental health condition such as anxiety to make contact with the University's Student Wellbeing Service.

A meeting with the Student Wellbeing Service Coordinators will ensure your support needs are identified and individualised support is arranged so you are able to successfully access and complete your studies. This includes applications for Disabled Students' Allowance (see here for more information), reasonable adjustments, exam arrangements such as extra time and counselling or mental health support.

The contact details are: 0208 331 7875 or wellbeing@gre.ac.uk

You can meet us now or as early as possible to start making support arrangements.

Contact us

The situation is constantly changing, but we will do our best to keep you updated with the latest information and developments.

You can speak directly to an advisor through Live Chat or email courseinfo@gre.ac.uk.