We understand that you may have questions following the UK's decision to leave the European Union. See the latest on how Brexit will affect EU nationals.

The UK has not yet left the EU and currently remains an EU member. Your status in the UK therefore remains unchanged. However, the situation may change and you may want to plan for this.

Useful resources include:

As more information becomes available, we will update here.


Current EU students who are eligible to receive loans and grants from the Student Loans Company will continue to receive financial support for the duration of their course. 

See the Student Loans Company's statement.

EU nationals who currently live in Northern Ireland, Wales or Scotland should check with their local funding authority; Student Finance Northern Ireland, Student Finance Wales, or Student Awards Agency Scotland for Scotland.

If you have any questions or concerns about finance, please contact the Student Finance team.


Your residence status has not changed. As an EU national, you remain able to live, work and study in the UK. 

If you have lived continuously in the UK for at least 5 years, you may be able to apply for a UK Permanent Residence card. We recommend that you seek professional advice before applying.

You are welcome to contact the International Student Advice Service with any queries.