Learn about the study abroad programmes available and how to apply.

Entry criteria

Students interested in studying abroad should normally have completed at least 1 year of undergraduate studies before starting their studies at the University of Greenwich.  

Additional eligibility criteria for applicants:

  • Minimum of 2.8 on 4.00 GPA scale (3.00 for Engineering, Architecture & Construction and Computing and Mathematical Science)
  • English language requirements
    • IELTS 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each component (only considered if the test date has not expired) If you have taken another English language exam, please get in touch directly to check whether this is accepted.
    • Nationals of a majority English-speaking country if in the application process it has been demonstrated that they are able to understand all facets of English competencies to the required level
  • When applying, students should be prepared to upload a copy of their passport or ID card, and a copy of their transcript to date from their home university. 

How to apply

If you're from one of our partner universities and want to apply for an exchange

You should apply through your home university in the first instance. All students nominated by their home university to study at the University of Greenwich will be sent full application details by the Global Mobility team.

If you're not from one of our partner universities 

You need to apply by the deadlines below and pay tuition fees.

Application Deadlines

  • 31 May (Autumn term or full year applications)
  • 31 October (Spring term only)

It's important that we receive your application before the deadline so that you have a chance to apply for University accommodation should you wish to do so.

Please contact studyabroad@gre.ac.uk for the application form and guidance.