Student Services


Accommodation services for current students

Welcome to our Accommodation page which contains information for our current residents. If you are a new student, or considering moving into our accommodation, please visit our accommodation information pages to find out more.

Student Accommodation Handbooks

Information on your halls covering contact information of staff, reporting maintenance  are covered within the student handbooks below:

Avery Hill Accommodation Student Handbook

Greenwich Accommodation Student Handbook

Medway Accommodation Student Handbook

Resident Assistants

Resident Assistants (RAs) are full-time students employed to provide advice and guidance to everyone living in halls. Each Hall of Residence has its own team of RAs. Information about RAs is sent to all residents moving into halls and a poster is displayed in kitchens with information about RAs including how to contact them. Resident students are encouraged to store the RA duty number in their phones.

If you're interested in becoming a Resident Assistant please take a look at our 'Become a Resident Assistant' Information pack & our RA Job Kit here.

Withdrawing, interrupting or transferring from your studies

If you live in the university's Halls of Residences, you must notify the Accommodation Service in writing that you are interrupting/withdrawing/transferring. You can do this by submitting the Leaving Early request form online through the Accommodation portal or email your local Accommodation Services team. Arrangements will then be made for the termination of your Accommodation Licence. Four weeks' (28 days) notice will be accepted from the date of notification (or on the date that it officially began if it falls after the four week notice period). You will be charged for this four week notice period unless we can find a replacement resident for your room.

If you do not follow this procedure your contract will continue until the end of your licence period and you will be liable for payment.

Please see section 1.2 of the University Licence Agreement for confirmation of the terms and conditions of your accommodation licence agreement.

Private accommodation

If you live in private non-student accommodation, it is unlikely there will be an obligation for you to leave following a change to your student status unless you are an international student studying on a student visa. However, you may choose to or be required to return home in which case you must consider the terms of your tenancy agreement and what this means for you. If you decide to stay in your private accommodation, it is important to note that as you are no longer a full-time student, you may be required to pay Council Tax. If you are on a student visa, you will not be able to remain in the UK and as such you will need to consider the terms of your tenancy agreement and discuss with your landlord what this means for you.

Private student accommodation providers will likely ask you to leave your accommodation when you are no longer a student. We recommend that you review your license agreement and get in touch with the provider to discuss what this means for your tenancy.

GSU's Advice Service can advise you further on private accommodation implications.

Guarantor Scheme

The University of Greenwich has partnered with YourGuarantor to help International and EU students who need a UK rent guarantor for renting in the private sector.

For more information, visit our YourGuarantor Scheme webpages.

Being Covid-Safe

You can find more information on our Be Covid-Safe page, along with information on the start of term on the Settling in to university page.

The guide below provides information for students and flatmates of those in university accommodation who must self-isolate having symptoms of or testing positive for Covid-19.

Guidance for residents who must self-isolate and their flatmates - Symptoms or Positive

The guide below provides information for students and flatmates of those in university accommodation who must self-isolate due to current government travel advice.

Guidance for residents who must self-isolate and their flatmates- Travel