Study here

Applying for an undergraduate programme

The process for applying to the University of Greenwich is different for full-time and part-time students. See the steps below.

Apply for a full-time course

Starting in 2023?

UK students should apply for a full-time course through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS). International students are welcome to use this option too.

International students

If you come from outside the UK, you can also apply directly to the university.

Completing your UCAS application form

You can apply for up to five choices of institution/course. This may include degree and non-degree courses.

To apply for more than one course at Greenwich, you make a separate entry for each choice. However, if you apply for a degree and an HND in the same subject, this may count as one choice. (Please check with us first.)

For help with your application and the latest application fee, see the UCAS guide.

Application codes

Make sure you enter the institution and course codes correctly on the online form.

  • Institution code: G70
  • Course code: [On your chosen course page.]

The campus codes for the main university campuses are:

  • Avery Hill Campus (A)
  • Greenwich Campus (G)
  • Medway Campus (M).

Partner college codes are listed below:

  • Bird College (J)
  • London South East Colleges, Bexley Campus (E)
  • London South East Colleges, Bromley Campus (B)
  • University Centre Hadlow (H)
  • University Centre West Kent (T).
  • Guildford College Active Learning (F)

Apply for a part-time course

To study part-time, you apply directly to the university.

For a printed copy of the application form, please call 020 8331 9000 or email

Please check the attendance requirements of your course before applying. You may be able to change between full-time and part-time status after registration.

There is no closing date for part-time applications, but we advise you to apply as early as possible and not to wait for examination results.

Progression options

Fast Track

If you are currently in the final year of a Foundation Degree or HNC/HND at Greenwich or a Partner College, Fast Track helps you progress to a further course in September 2022 without the need to apply.

We identify the courses that have a natural progression to further courses taught at Greenwich.

For example, students on the FdA Professional Writing (QA) may progress onto Year 3 of the BA Hons Media and Communications or the BA Hons Creative Writing.


If you wish to begin a 'Top-up' course in September 2022 at one of our Partner Colleges, your tuition fee may be different to our on-campus fee (see Partner College tuition fees). To progress onto the second or final year (top up) of an honours degree, you must have successfully completed one of the following:

  • Higher National Certificate (HNC)
  • Certificate of Higher Education (CertHE)
  • Higher National Diploma (HND)
  • Diploma of Higher Education (DipHE)
  • Foundation degree
  • First degree without honours (i.e. ordinary degree or pass degree).

Equivalent or lower-level qualifications

If you apply to study at the same or lower level as a qualification you already hold, you may not be entitled to student support and may have to pay your own tuition fees.

About ELQs.

If you are unclear about the support you may be entitled to or the tuition fee you will have to pay, please contact us.

Admissions policy

We are committed to fair admissions and access by recruiting students regardless of their social, cultural or economic background.

Our admissions policy sets out the principles and procedures we use to admit new students for all courses offered by the university and its partner and network colleges.

Contact us

  • Speak to our recruitment teams through Live Chat, email, or by telephone (020 8331 9000).
  • We're available from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
  • Come and meet us at an Open Day and talk to our staff.