Register with Student Wellbeing Service

We can make appropriate reasonable adjustments for your disability, dyslexia or other specific learning difficulty if you register with the Student Wellbeing Service.

If you have a disability or a specific learning difficulty, you can register with the Student Wellbeing Service at any time during your studies at the university. However, we strongly encourage that you share this with us as soon as possible, preferably prior to you starting. This will help us to arrange your support and put into place reasonable adjustments that you may require. For example if you require accessible teaching rooms. The sooner we hear from you, the sooner we can start to make these arrangements.

At busy times such as the start of the year, there can be a high demand for appointments.

What we need from you

Students with disabilities

  • Recent documentary evidence of your disability (e.g. letter from your GP or consultant, an audiologist's report, or evidence that you are registered blind).
  • A signed, dated letter on headed paper which states the condition, how long you have had it, and how it affects you (e.g. side effects of any prescribed drugs).
  • A DSA assessment of need for your course (if you have one).

Students with specific learning difficulties such as dyslexia

  • A copy of your most recent diagnostic evidence for our records.
  • A DSA assessment of need for your course (if you have one).
  • Evidence of need from your previous schooling, such as a Form 8.

Please send medical / diagnostic information only if you are asked to do so - and to nobody other than the Student Wellbeing Service. If you do not have evidence, please still make contact with us as we may be able to help you seek this.

Applying with a disability

Telling us about a disability does not affect your application. Where you meet our entry requirements, we are committed to making reasonable adjustments for you (subject to resources, the interests of other students, and health and safety requirements).

If you are invited to an interview or a selection test, you can request special arrangements or adjustments by contacting the individual(s) named in the invitation letter.

Plan before you apply

You should begin to plan your support before you start your course.

You might need to apply for Disabled Students' Allowances (DSAs) or to arrange any personal care or ongoing medical or mental health care needs with local services. Don’t wait until you have a confirmed place.

Once you have accepted and confirmed your offer of a place, it will help us if you can email your medical evidence to

Who is told about my disability?

Information is communicated only to appropriate staff with your signed consent to enable reasonable adjustments to meet your needs.

The Student Wellbeing Service Disability & Dyslexia team will create a Greenwich Inclusion Plan (GIP), a support plan, outlining the reasonable adjustments, including exam arrangements, that you may need. Please see here for more information about this.

The Greenwich Inclusion Plan is shared with all staff linked to you on a need to know basis. For example, your Personal Tutor, Programme Lead, Module Tutors and the exams team. To put reasonable  adjustments in place, the university will need to share information with these individuals.

You may request that the existence or nature of your disability or condition is treated as strictly confidential. When considering reasonable adjustments, we must consider whether they would be viable with confidentiality. In some instances, we can provide reasonable adjustments in an alternative way. In others, a confidentiality request might mean that a less satisfactory reasonable adjustment is provided or that no reasonable adjustment can be made.

Student Appointment Information

Once we have received evidence of your disability, a Student Wellbeing Service Co-ordinator (Disability & Dyslexia) will assess and arrange support based on this, and you will be notified via email.  The email will outline actions for you to follow, so that your support is confirmed and shared with the necessary staff. This is very important so please do read the email very carefully.

If further discussion is required about your support, then you will be offered an appointment with a Student Wellbeing Service Co-ordinator (Disability & Dyslexia).

We are working in a blended provision. Appointments can be either remote via Microsoft Teams, face to face on campus or via telephone.

For remote and telephone appointments please make sure that you are in a quiet and confidential space. You will need to arrange this yourself.

Please note: For telephone appointments, the call may appear on your phone as “Blocked”, “No caller ID” or “Private number”.

Appointments can last for up to one hour. To reschedule, cancel or report lateness please call 0208 331 7875 or email

Important: For on campus appointments, if you are experiencing symptoms of Covid-19, or been in recent contact with a positive case, please do let us know as soon as possible and we can change your appointment to online or reschedule for a later date.

For a specific learning difficulties screening appointment, please read the Further Information on Screenings document.

Students who are already registered with the Student Wellbeing Service can attend our daily one to one online drop-in session for an immediate response to queries. These are run by a Student Wellbeing Service Co-ordinator (Disability & Dyslexia) from Monday to Friday 10am -4pm (subject to change). Please contact for the link to join.