About the university

Making requests for information

Want to make a request for information? See further information below about how to do this.

Who can make requests for information?

Members of the public can make a request for information to the University of Greenwich under the Freedom of Information Act.

Check our Publication Scheme to see if the information you require is already online.

Third party personal information requests

We will consider disclosing third party personal information with the consent of the individual, or in certain other limited circumstances (one of which is for the prevention or detection of crime), to investigating agencies or persons including the police, government departments, and local authorities.

Please fill in our personal information request form and return it by email.

Requests for references or authentication of awards

Recruitment agencies, third party requests for references, and other authentication of awards requesters should contact the Student Records department at certificates@gre.ac.uk.

Students and past students

If you have an enquiry about your records, please contact the certificates team. This includes requests for duplicate transcripts. If you have a financial query, please contact the Student Finance team.

Prospective students

If you want to find out about courses at the University of Greenwich, or you are thinking of applying, or have a question about your application, please contact the Student Enquiries unit.

Requests for your own personal information

If the University of Greenwich holds personal data about you, you can request a copy of that data. This is known as a Subject Access Request, or SAR. More information can be found on the How to Make A Subject Access Request page.