About the university

How to make a subject access request

How to make a formal Subject Access Request under the General Data Protection Regulation / Data Protection Act.

To make a formal Subject Access Request under the General Data Protection Regulation / Data Protection Act, please complete our form for this purpose. You should specify exactly what information or processing your request relates to. Confirmation of postal address and email address (if held) is required, as well as your date of birth. This is partly for identification purposes. We also need your contact details in order to correspond with you. You may request the information in electronic or paper copy, and we will endeavour to satisfy your request. It is not mandatory to complete the form, however it is useful for us as we need the information you supply on it to comply with your request to our best abilities.

Send the form, along with a copy of photographic proof of identity, to the postal or email address below:

Subject Access Requests,

Queen Anne Court Room 282,

University of Greenwich,

Old Royal Naval College,

Park Row, Greenwich,

London SE10 9LS

Email: compliance@greenwich.ac.uk

Solicitors acting on your behalf will be asked to provide this form and copy of ID as well, as we cannot accept forms of authority, as we are unable to check signatures.

Requests will be free, although a charge will be made if further copies are requested. We will refuse the request if it is manifestly unfounded or excessive, or we may choose to charge an administrative fee.

We will make all reasonable and proportionate searches, and will respond within one month of your request, and having received your proof of identity, although we may extend this by a further two months if your request is complex or onerous, or repetitive.

Some data may be subject to exemptions. We have the right to withhold personal data if disclosure would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.


The Information Commissioner's Office oversees the legislation, and complaints can be made there. If you are dissatisfied with the University's response to your request, you can contact the University Secretary first if you prefer.