If you need more time to complete your programme, you'll need to extend your Student Visa.

You may need to extend your Student Visa in order to give you more time in the UK to complete your programme. This may be because you have made a change to your programme, had to or need to repeat a year, added a placement or study abroad year, or because it has been agreed that you can defer some of your assessment.

Follow the links in the side bar on this page for our guidance and instructions on how to extend your student visa. The information in these pages is designed to help students who are already registered on a programme at the university, and who need more time to complete this. If you've already completed your programme and are making a visa application to start a new one, the process may be different. Please refer to our information for applicants.