IT and Library Services

Greenwich Gateway Card

Your Greenwich Gateway Card is more than just your university ID card, as it also provides access to resources across the university, such as library book borrowing and printing & scanning.

You should carry your Greenwich Gateway Card whenever on campus

All university staff including Affiliate staff should obtain an ID card. The provision of the ID card enables the following:

  • notification of computer user account, for access to email and networked services
  • access to secure buildings
  • access to Self Service systems
  • access to library services
  • access to electronic learning resources
  • confirmation of identity as university staff for access to other services, e.g. The Student Union
  • access to Moodle if appropriate

How to obtain your card

In order to create your ID card you will need to attend your nearest Student Centre to have your photograph taken. You should allow around two weeks after the date you commence employment before visiting. It is advisable to contact the Student Centre before your visit to ensure they have the information they need to produce your card.

When you attend you will be asked to provide some proof of identify. Presenting your letter of appointment will be acceptable. Once you have had your photograph taken the ID card will be sent to you a few days later.

Replacing or disposing of your card

Once you have an ID card you should keep it securely with you at all times when on University premises. When you leave the employment of the university you should return the card to Human Resources for disposal.

Requests for new and replacement staff ID cards should be made in person at your nearest Student Centre.